Simplest Website Platform

Depending upon how much work she put into the site, $500 all in is what I charge to set up the platform, theme, menu structure, headers, footers, and customize the design. Then a quick 1/2 hour training on a sample page with Elementor as the editor and the client doing the rest of the work. That’s what I and others would do for @RebeccaF to get her started.

2 Likes

When I say a simple website, that’s actually what I mean. We have a gigantic website left over from our pet photography services, complete with tons of galleries. The tool I used to create and maintain it for years, iWeb, went defunct.

At this point, I can’t change a single word of that website. What I want to do is delete it and post a page with just a paragraph or two that says we’re now completely retired from pet photography. I’d include an email and maybe our phone number, as well as two or three referrals for photo services.

I still get calls every week from people who want a photographer. But former customers also contact us through that website, and I don’t want to lose that avenue of contact.

That’s all I need.

One of the many available templates may be close to or exactly just what you may want (except for your specific content).
This may also help??? t.ly/g2R9

1 Like

My WordPress super tech to not use Elementor with WordPress. It’s something to do with the code IN WP.
I can attest to the fact that a website designer who installed Elementor only created problems for me. Unless I learned Elementor, I could no longer edit pictures, easily edit Pages, etc.
** If you deactivate Elementor then the whole site design “disappears”. This happened to me, and even the designer was surprised when it happened!
** If you use WP, it is recommended to just stay with Genesis, said my WP techie.
Throwing this in the mix. I got my designer from Upwork. I now how to pay my techie to convert Elementor functions back to Genesis which I can use.

Most web designers have one or two favorite builders and themes. Most builders and themes are “fine”, but may not be suitable for every use.
Whomever built your old site with Elementor was probably a scrub (bad designer). There are plenty of them out there, since “web design is so ez that anyone can do it” (sarcasm). There are tens of thousands (maybe more) of web sites built on Elementor.
I also do like UpWork. I avoid Fiverr, and had nothing but issues with their so-called talent.

1 Like

I have been building websites since … well a long time (1997). Elementor works fine. Use the editor you’re comfortable with and if the site was designed properly, switching editors shouldn’t cause the problems you described. We’ve gone from Block editor to Elementor to Fusion without content disappearing.

We’ve used Upwork for some larger software development projects and been very happy with the talent on there. We’re also on there, but since we don’t actively work it, we don’t get many jobs. We’re busy, thankfully.

Glad you found someone who works with you!

1 Like

Hi, I’m in the middle of 2 site designers/techies that I use: the one who redesigned my site with Elementor, and the WordPress guru who thinks Elementor is not designed for WP built-in coding.
Since you are a designer, maybe we could chat off line about what problems, as a user/Owner, that I’m experiencing? I’d pay for your services?

1 Like

Are you asking to chat with me off-line about the current web development project you’re doing with 2 designers?

The first thing I’ll say is that you should choose the platform that works for your business model based on reviews and research you do in conjunction with the developers you’re talking to. Designer usually refers to the graphic/image elements. Developer is the person/team putting it all together in a working platform.

You may message me if you’d like.

Simple website cost 100-300$, depends what you want and how many languages you want.

Send me a message if you are interested, thanks!!