Sick of getting 4 stars for cleanliness

I use aromatherapy oils for air freshening and cleaning. Lavender, lemon, grapefruit, tea tree and lime - fantastic! They are much cheaper if you buy 500ml bottles. A fridge magnet can hold a cotton wool pad onto a radiator and fragrance a room brilliantly with essential oils. I also put lavender in the rinse cycle of the washing machine for bedding. I usually get 5 stars for cleaning and I use very few chemicals. I also have a pulley airer which catches all the heat near the ceiling and dries all the linens perfectly without the environmental impact, noise and horrible smell of tumble drying. (But then I only have 2 Airbnb rooms.)

2 Likes

American English doesn’t use the word spray in that context?! So what does an unneutered Tom cat do then?

Sigh.

A spray of fresh flowers is a bunch of flowers.

Yana then says

Fresh flowers don’t cause cancer. Yana, whose first language isn’t English misunderstands what is being said. She things Mandi is spraying a scent from a can. So then I though I made it clear that Yana had misunderstood and Yana said

At this point the only thing I can think of is that you posted before reading all of the thread. And a cat? Yes cats spray.

So does a garden hose. This thread has shown just how difficult English can be for native speakers, much less those that learned it later in life.

No need for the sighs at me or the lols at Yanas expense. I am 100% a native English English speaker and I interpreted the spray of flowers thing as being an air freshener as well. In English we say bunch of flowers. Often we find Europeans etc speaking English closer to the mother tongue than Americans.

I didn’t know we could follow up with the guest after the review.

This ancient thread has been closed. Generally speaking, posting on old threads is discouraged.