Should I Respond To This Bad Review?

@shinylizard Very helpful and diplomatic post. To emphasize some of your points further.

1. On photos; oftentimes best to capture a ‘slice’ of a place versus trying to capture the whole thing. Partial view leaves a lot of room for the imagination.
  2. Wall are a little bare, true. Bring in art and make it colorful. Utah architecture and environment is colorful.
  3. (Lovely) Kitchen too static. Add ‘action’ features like suggested. Also basket of colorful fruits, vegetables, etc. All to suggest it is the center of activity.
  4. Add fans. ‘Hurricane’ series of fans is another good one.

I would take what that stiff fellow as helpful, it doesn’t matter why he wrote it. It matters how you use it. If anything it has led you to subject your place to the opinion of others here and it appears you gotten great advice, so that has been the review’s benefit.

Good luck.

P.S. I won’t answer the post either, but if I felt it was made in bad faith (I don’t think this one was whatsoever), then I would answer with a cheerful (but dismissal) air.

1 Like

I agree with all your comments except the one about adding a basket of colorful friuts. It it is in a photo it will be expected to be available every time and complained about if it is not provided every time.

1 Like

Imagine bananas, then they need to be kept fresh.
I was thinking either real fruits or even the decorative types, but colorful.. The five colors of vegetables denotes health (see balance of nature).
Flowers on the table?

But she said she didn’t remodel. That was the guest’s erroneous presumption.

I guess it might be a selling point for some, and obviously lots of people like them, but personally I can’t stand those showerheads.

My bad, I misread her bit about remodeling.

I hate those rainfall showerheads too, not enough water pressure.

What i dislike most about those showerheads is that I am short, and have had long or longish hair most of my life. Those showerheads make it impossible to shower without me getting my hair wet, which I don’t always want to do.

The pressure thing is also true. It takes a lot longer, using up more hot water, to rinse shampoo and conditioner out of one’s hair when there isn’t strong water pressure. Same goes for those “water saver” shower heads that mix air with the water. They don’t save anything, as it takes 2 or 3 times as long to wash the product out of my hair.

I can see the water saver heads being of value to hosts who get the kind of guests who like to take 45 minute showers, though.

2 Likes

Just a quick update for those that are interested. I did not have any luck getting the review removed but did leave a response based on the great input from here:

“I am confused by this review as this condo is not being remodeled. It is pictured and described accurately. We leave our closet doors open so guests can see extra bedding options. Our HVAC system receives professional maintenance twice per year. However, we’ve had the system assessed and serviced as a precaution and confirmed that it is working properly. Please refer to my other reviews for an accurate representation of what to expect when booking this listing.”

I really appreciate all the helpful input from the community. Thanks!

15 Likes

Very well done. Always make one’s adversary sound less reasonable than you are if their review is not fair; in this case you made it sound like the review may not pertain to you at all. /applaud

3 Likes

for some reason your listing isn’t available to me to view so i can’t see it, but you could make a lighthearted joke about it being part of the “brutalist architecture movement, and failing”

2 Likes

Is it possible the guest confused your property with some other property? And just posted the wrong review? Just a thought.

2 Likes

It’s not available to me any longer either. I’m going to assume that the OP has snoozed it again because of this:

Since this situation is all settled I’m closing the thread.