Should I mention in the review that guests left without a formal checkout?

Bombay definitely does not look like that. Not where I am, anyway. Maybe Goa does.

1 Like

Oh Geez! You’re right! :bomb:

If they get the form on check-out, they’re in a hurry and so will likely only check off the ones that might have really stood out for them.

YOU’RE KILLING ME!!

:heart_eyes:

Seriously, whenever you give it to them, they are for the most part going to ignore it. Until/unless you remind them of it. At least here, they’re on vacation. They don’t care.

I would think guests would just attribute a “10” to everything and be done with it. (I assume since there’s no mention of luggage storage, that issue has been addressed/solved?)

And remember, I GET MARKED DOWN ON LOCATION!!!
I’m 99 a night and that hotel in that picture is hundreds, with mandatory resort fees!!!

I thought that hotel was a cruise ship! Silly me.

2 Likes

It looks like one, unfortunately for the landscape!
70s architecture. :rofl::rofl:

Yeah, fair enough, @faheem

It looked like a cruise :ship: ship to me too!

1 Like

If it were a cruise ship, it’s awfully close to the land! They don’t really get that close.

Actually, they get so close it only requires “walking the plank” to get ashore. Many require a transporter boat from ship to shore but just as many pull right up to pay-dirt.

In Kona they moor outside Kailua bay and run a little boat back and forth, (I forget what the boats are called–skiffs? Runners? .)

It’s the the Royal Kona resort. See the architecture style?

Maybe Captain Coward was in charge of the helm!

1 Like

Gorgeous setting!! Yeah, it looks like a hotel from this angle but in that other photo at night, it looked like a cruise ship. Love, love, love cruises! (The experienced refer to it as cruising (i.e.,“I love cruising”) but with only 6 under my belt (literally…burp!), I don’t qualify.

2 Likes

It totally did, and even I had to double check. But I just can tell from the lay of the land that it’s not where the cruise ships go, and if you compare the angle of the front of the building, you can see it is the same one as in the first photo.

During cruise season, after calling at Kailua Kona, they motor to the other side of the island at night and come passing by my window around midnight or 1am. Cool sight to see, waking up and looking out the window at a lit up cruise ship going by!

You’re right, and your description…so on point. It made me think of the absolute beauty of seeing land/shore from the ship. Crystal Cruises in particular, is so unique in that it plays Satchmo’s (Louis Armstrong) “What a Wonderful World” throughout the ship when pulling into a port. It’s piped in stereo through every stateroom and it is major goose-bump time.

Arrivals are often, though not always, at night or dusk and the beauty of the lights of the city or the rural homes defining the shoreline are beyond magical. (Swoon.)

(Sorry Faheem for the hijack on your post.)

1 Like

Sometimes I see a full moon setting from my window… !!! usually in winter; I think it has to do with the position of the moon that time of year.

I’ve never been on a cruise, I think I would get seasick.

!

Cool! Introspection comes easily at a time like that.

Nah, to the seasickness. I get seasick on small craft, whether sailboats or motor boats, especially if they’re not moving and just bobbing while people are snorkeling off the side or fishing. It’s urp-city! Worst feeling in the world. That doesn’t happen on a ship where there are 700-2,500 people or more and 7-9 decks where you have to take elevators! It’s like a city…too damn many people. If the ship should wobble in the waves (rare…and they have to be rough waves to even feel it), it’s actually sorta fun.

(Wearing heels is not recommended.)

1 Like

What is WRONG with people!?!?

We know they don’t read. What are their expectations around this (the idiots)?
Has anyone ever explained why?

I’m guessing @konacoconutz, based on your excellent, super-clear (and helpful) communication on the forum that it’s ALL clearly laid out in your listing.

Is there some way to add something related to this in the Rules?

1 Like