Should charcoal be complimentary?

@HelenSpinelli. Not black sheep I started providing charcoal. If it runs out I will buy more but so far guests are buying when it runs out and leaving their leftovers for the next person.

I think my comment about not buying a bag since the first one was easily misinterpreted

I leave salt, pepper& a few spices too

@Annet3176 Oh that is wonderful that guests are buying charcoal and sometimes that happens for us as well. I am glad you agree about the spices and such - I may be a little overboard but I usually do not have longer than a week guests and mostly 3 day stays and I try to make it as easy as possible. We have property in Canada and I am a remote host there so it is much harder to manage things with our housekeeper and site manager but so far everything has been going pretty well.

1 Like

I have provided charcoal upon request for use of a grill. My property is a bit more expensive than other properties so I feel that I need to justify the price with good service and nice toiletries. If I were doing more of a budget rental I would not provide.

Depending on the type of grill, we supply charcoal (only match-light brand, no lighter fluid!) or propane. And we check how much is left after each rental (so the next guest doesn’t run out).
The less the guest has to worry about, the better.
Similarly, we supply wood for wood stoves or fireplaces