Shooting at Airbnb party kills 2, injures 8 in Pittsburgh, city says

Earlier in this thread, I posted a link to a noise monitoring company offering anyone in a STR host Facebook group discount.

I am working with a host with this kind of HOA requirement—high rise elevators, enclosed hallway, many condos sharing the hallway, common massive lobby. Because of the emphasis on properly disclosing cameras, we disclosed the HOA maintained video cameras in the lobby, parking deck & pool. It may be too much but better safe than risk “refund hungry guest” claiming undisclosed cameras.

Btw-I disclosed my HOA video monitoring of the gated entrance & dumpster area in addition to my ring doorbell.

Remember when people would call a photocopy a Xerox ? It happens

I understand @Annet3176, How Airbnb Is Responding To A Mass Shooting At Pittsburgh Rental Property

Also @Helsi How Airbnb Is Responding To A Mass Shooting At Pittsburgh Rental Property

Though the job rest with the host and all measures needed to be taken, the article does measure in on the need for neighbors to chime in. What’s the saying? “If you see something….”
The other one comes to mind is “it takes a village”. Though yes I am responsible for my own child.

Sorry can’t see anything in the article you’ve linked to that say neighbours should be responsible for alerting authorities know if there are parties at short term rentals.

That is absolutely the responsibility of the host to monitor although the reality is that neighbours are likely to complain in these situations

Yet another reason Airbnb needs to give hosts last names (instead) of just first … so hosts can at least TRY to vet their guests!!!

I agree that last names should be on reservations. I’ve had guests for whom I didn’t have their last names. However, it still goes back to host responsibility. Airbnb can give hosts last names but they can’t make them do anything with them.

1 Like

The problem is that until we ‘book’ a guest, we don’t know. Then it’s hell to cancel & goes against us😕

Reports were that there were posters in the neighborhood advertising this party.

1 Like