Selling potential guests in booking inquiry messages

UPDATE: Earlier in this thread I chirped about most of my inquiries resulted in rentals. I jinxed myself!!!

Over the past 3 weeks, I’ve invested a tremendous amount of time responding to inquiries with NO bookings.

For most of these inquiries, I can tell they haven’t read the unit description because they ask “how far is this unit from the beach” or “how far is this unit from the sports complex”. These are answered in my summary & in the unit full description.

My requests to book & Instant book are going smoothly.

I have had the same… LOTS of weird or off sounding inquiries. Two in a row asking if I had air conditioning! When I never ever get that question!? So odd.

I’ve gotten 5 inquiries lately wanting 30-90 day rentals and asking if I would consider “clearing my calendar” and accept them. The first two I thought were just an oddity. Now that I’ve received 3 more, I’m wondering is there a scam occurring to get in and squat?

(BTW- My guests of 28 nights or more must sign a traditional lease agreement in addition to the Airbnb reservation.).

This is like the newbie host who asked about cancelling 3 reservations for a 2.5 month reservation that would have been 30K; really sounds like this is a scam. And it just seems like someone who is so unethical they think you should cancel other people’s bookings is not the kind of guest you want to accommodate

Maybe if you get another such request you could message back expressing interest and seeing if they are willing to sign a lease. I bet you wouldn’t hear back from them.

1 Like

@KKC

So far I’ve only told them the unit was unavailable. I think I will try to push their buttons with the mention of a lease agreement first.

1 Like