Selling Airbnb House along with listing and future reservations

I’m listing my profitable Airbnb, a Beautiful 1911 Victorian Home in a tourist area of Southern Louisiana. In the meantime I’ll continue to operate it well as it stays busy. It can be seen simply Google Airbnb The Grand Victorian in Sunset.
After 20 years living here and 2 solid years of great Airbnb bookings, time to get my equity out as I’m moving and want to build.

1 Like

If as stranger was buying it I"d say, no way. Given that you have a personal relationship with the new owner, I think your plan looks OK. If you take the advice to cancel and make people rebook with a new host, your concern would be ever wanting to host again. You’d have quite a cancellation history. Legally I wouldn’t say that you are selling the reservations as part of the deal.

Interesting discussion. I am about to sell my apartment which is on AirBnB and BDC. I am a superhost on AirBnB. The person I am selling to has a portfolio of AirBnB properties and is also a superhost. I have bookings up till March next year but we want to close in January. He said he would honour my bookings but I haven’t worked out how to manage the payments. AirBnB and BDC collect money from the guests and then pay me. I am wondering if I should block off all dates after our close date on my listings and then let the buyer advertise the dates I have blocked off on his own name. Then when people stay on the dates I have had booked already (after the sale has closed) and AirBnB and BDC pay me I just send the money to him.