Seeking advice on what and whether to respond publicly to a 1 star review

I still don’t see where you think a 4.78 is good or bad nor whether you think another prospective guest would think the same or different.

Your opinion is always welcomed (as is everyone else’s, even if different than mine). I also already knew your take on the number. :wink:

1 Like

We do not see an issue with “4.78” and would book it if it meets our requirements (location is #1, amenities #2). We like having a great bathroom, walking distance to the marketplace, washer-dryer and such.
Bear in mind we are booking “entire place” in small towns and villages in France, etc. Often the “good spots” that we seek are 4.2 - 4.7. There are much fewer “superhost” stays, and they are often not where we really want to stay.
Other people? Again, my view is “most people” don’t worry about an isolated bad review in a sea of gems, and few would pass you over with 4.78, unless your very direct competition for your type of stay is superior. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

1 Like

The one here is obviously not a whole house but it amazes me how far away some people’s main reason for staying is…just because they either have pets or love pets and I allow them to have hosted interactions with my horse, dogs and cat.

It amazes me how far many people travel to have me cate for their pets as well…even when they have dozens of other options in between. Quality and experience is what they often seek. That is what I try to provide as well. In the case of human guests they must be respectful though for me to consider them great guests.

1 Like