Sea levels rising —-coastal USA affected

One thing President Grifter does care about is money. It seems to me that (at least for now) the US lacks the political will to do anything significant that might be helpful. However businesses like insurance companies have different goals. When people have skyrocketing insurance rates perhaps that will lead to some changes.

Ah yes a definate possibility - since we have property in Quebec on a fresh water pristine lake - here is the Air listing:https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/21660883? - I think I have my bases covered and given our present leadership in the US Canada is a real option for me and my family.

4 Likes

We have a property on a lake in Ontario, and now see highs and lows of six feet depending on the season.

2 Likes

Shades of “Intimate Jest”!

1 Like

Infinite Jest? …

Infinite Jest is a book by David Foster Wallace (may he RIP). A grand romp through an insane universe with undertones of real life. In the book, United States had started dumping their nuclear waste – had filled up New Hampshire and Vermont, if I remember correctly, and it was starting to spill over into Canada. When the Canadian government complained, the lunatic US Prez. turned the nuclear missiles that were under the White House on them. The remarks on Canada made me think of the book – guess no one else has read it. Didn’t mean to be confusing!!

I think I may have read it. But you had typed intimate jest. And if you are British I never know if there’s a joke in a joke there.

I’m not British – but you might find a joke in a joke in my post.

1 Like