Scuff marks on walls - how to clean?

True dat.
A dark room is a great place to use a higher sheen. It’s a mess to work with but I’ve done high-gloss in little dark bathrooms before, it really helped.

Over the years, when I’ve lived somewhere with less light or not-high ceilings, I’ve painted the ceiling in a semi or even high gloss white - lifts it right up and away. One of my favorite paint tricks.

I’m not down on the higher sheens at all, just got all these old plaster walls right now, so they benefit and fit with a matte finish.

2 Likes

I keep small bottles of paint - wall color and trim color - and a paintbrush in my utilities closet in my Airbnb. Makes it easy to touch up small areas between guests. The large cans of paint are in my storage shed and I refill the little bottles as needed.

5 Likes

Besides the obvious “just paint over it” I was going to say the same! Make sure you have quality paint - cheap flat paint scuffs very easily. There are definitely differences in paint quality and durability. I’d head to a good paint store and ask for their recommendation.

I know I look much better in dim light!!

2 Likes