School’s OUT!?!

Hey all,

I’ve recently gotten a few requests for our place and I’m hesitant to accept them.

We’ve got a 1000 sq ft 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. Technically it sleeps 7 (1 queen, 2 full and a twin).

We’ve got house rules setup that we have a minimum age of 25.

I’m getting requests from multiple groups of 6 people 18-22, and a parent totaling 7 people.

My gut says if I accept these, we’re inviting a ton of damage, etc.

Does anyone else have experience with these types of groups?

:face_exhaling:

No experience with that, but the likelihood of 6 18-20 year olds having a parent present is slim, so I’d be wary, too.

Honestly, I wouldn’t list a 2 bedroom place as suitable for 7 people to start with. Just because there’s enough beds doesn’t mean you have to have a guest count to match. Extra beds are good, because not all groups are going to be composed of guests who want to share a bed. A group of 4 single gals or guys would likely use all 4 beds.

1 Like

@muddy totally agree.

It’s in a golf community and the original thought was that a foursome of guys would want 4 beds. Women seem to be more inclined to share a bed.

I’ve followed my gut and declined them all, and updated the sleeps quantity to 5 on Airbnb. VRBO still controls the number by the bed type/qty.

I have 2 that age and not completely sure I’d even let them rent it yet… :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Don’t accept the request to book. Chances are that the parent is a third party booking that has no intentions of staying. I think it’s a college party.

1 Like

My husband is fond of saying our guests treat our place better than our kids/family does. Our kids are 24 and 26 LOL.

2 Likes

Definitely. You don’t need to allow as many as you can possibly cram into beds (or on a sofa), and also in just a 2 bedroom place seven is an awful lot; sleeping arrangements isn’t the only consideration. Heck I know teen siblings or grown men who won’t even sleep together in a king bed, much less a much smaller full/double bed.

1 Like

That’s why we put two queen beds in one of our bedrooms. My husband’s two sons would not sleep in the same queen bed when we were on vacation once.

1 Like