Scented Toilet Paper, Please NO!

I will ask. I have never seen those here in the US, but I haven’t been everywhere either ;o)

Andrex is a US company though, no? Anyway, your post is yet one more reason not to use this silly overpriced crap to wipe your… well, crap.

1 Like

Well, it’s amazing to see just how sensitive the modern bottom is. Aloe vera and shea butter? My dear old late mum, who must have spent hours of her time cutting newspapers into neat little squares to hang on the rusty nail in the privy, would turn in her grave.

3 Likes

We got one pack of something scented at our equivalent of Costco here in Costa Rica …and as a lot of stuff here it came straight from the US.

I used for all the guest to get rid of it. :wink:

Oh indeed. I remember when we became officially posh - no more of that slidy toilet paper, damn what was it called? Isal or something?
It was a celebration!

1 Like

That’s right! Except I think the spelling was Izal? I can remember the smell of it. Sort of mildly disinfectanty. It was made in Yorkshire - Sheffield, I think.

Ah, those were the days, when men were men and bottoms were bottoms…

2 Likes

Yes, Izal! With green lettering. You spent ages trying to work out which side was supposed to be absorbent. Waste of time because neither of them were, it just made everything slide around… :frowning:
Yeah, those were the days all right and thankfully in the past!!

The technique was, according to my gran, to crumple it up in your hand prior to use. That sort of softened it up. Then fold it into the appropriate size and shape for your needs. It worked too.

Goodness, the weird things that hang about in my brain…

LOL! I was told to wet it first to soften it. What??
I’m already on the feckin toilet. The only access to water is in the toilet bowl itself or the pee that I’ve just done. On the plus side… …

nah, can’t think of anything! Other than the freedom we had as kids to get into as much trouble as possible.

1 Like

No, I promise, it’s the crumple that works. :slight_smile:

The general concensus is - plain white nothing fancy toilet paper is best for sensitive skin. Thank You all for taking this issue seriously.

There was a time, a couple of years ago, that people used toilet paper made from recycled paper. I was one of those people, until I read in a newspaper that it is not a good idea to use this on a very delicate part of your body.

So, no more of this recycled paper on my toilet.

However, I do miss recycled paper elsewhere. I don’t even seem to be able to buy envelopes made from recycled paper any longer, which I find really sad. I mean, who needs plain white paper envelopes for posting their letters? This seems such a waste.

1 Like

@Rolf I think it’s only fair to mark hosts down if they don’t have one of these for the spare roll image too

3 Likes

I’m of the opinion that travelers with special needs should either:

a) Bring supplies that accommodate their needs

• or -

b) Ask their host at booking if their needs can be accommodated.

Same for people with scent sensitivities, fabric sensitivities, allergies, etc.

4 Likes

I think people who want scented toilet paper have special needs.

1 Like

Oh, this made me laugh, and I apologize for doing so. You poor thing!

3 Likes

I do not offer anything sented. I don’t even use a softner when washing the towels and linens, Some people are sensitive or allergic to these extras.

2 Likes