Saw this today on the subway

Hmmm

“If you ain’t got nothing to hide, you won’t mind us taking a little peek!”

I love propaganda.

Not only Big Brother is watching you … so is your neighbour.

2 Likes

If someone really hated their neighbor, it would be a good way to cause them a lot of hassle. Just pretend like you thought their friends or family members who visit were Airbnb guests.

3 Likes

I checked out the website and the form in anonymous. People should look up the home addresses of all of the politicians and high-ranking city employees and file reports on their addresses.

4 Likes

When you use the report function on someone’s profile one of the options is something about “I’m concerned that this person is hosting my my neighborhood.” “This person has stayed with me 3 times and is fckkking annoying” is not an option.

2 Likes

That should SO be an option. But instead of three times, leaves the number as a fill in the blank.

2 Likes

Thank goodness there isn’t a reward for reporting. I try to run my rentals legally so I don’t like sublets and other inappropriate rentals. However, I do feel oddly about the “big brother watching” aspect.

Big brother isn’t watching. It isn’t the government. It’s a tip line. It’s 311. You can call 311 about a gazillion things. People call 311 to complaint about seeing a rat … and this is New York! It’s full of rats!

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to answer the “If You See Something, SAY Something” line.

Imagine all the crazy and paranoid people who must call in.

2 Likes

Child abuse, roaming pit bulls, crack houses, drive by shootings, home invasions…And short term rentals? Priorities, please.

4 Likes