Safes in individual rooms in shared house Airbnb?

You can just search for “laptop safe” or even “dorm safe” because most dorm safes are made to hold laptops.

Just put it in to Google and lots come up

I agree with this and I’ve sort of learned it the hard way this summer. We put in two security cameras. We put one over our porch so that we can see when packages, food, etc is delivered since we live on the 3rd floor, it’s a hassle to go up and down to check on. And they came in a pair so we put the other one over the area with the outdoor trash bins and parking area.

We’ve since had 3 different guests ask if we have them because of a crime problem. Then they ask whether or not they should be concerned about their car or their personal safety. The cameras to have the opposite effect of making people feel safer. I have to admit that I have often thought the same when I see security measures.

2 Likes

Interesting. For me security cameras may mean crime, but most cities do have crime so I’d be ok with that. Safes I feel like they are there so guests don’t have to trust a multitude of cleaners and handymen that they don’t know. I don’t mean a multitude in my home, but rather to take that chance each time you travel seems as If some people would be at least slightly uneasy knowing that they are leaving valuable in rooms all over the place that have cleaners they don’t know coming in. I guess that is why most hotels have safes, it’s just off your mind then.

I see many ‘come up’ but the interior dimensions are not really big enough. Can you link ONE that will hold a Macbook?

https://www.safe.co.uk/products/chubb-sovereign-elite-deposit-grade-1-size-150.html?utm_campaign=ab73&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pla&ACODE=googlebase

Maybe you don’t realize it but the largest Macbook is a 16" Macbook and it is only 14 inches wide. The 16 refers to the screen size, which is always done as a diagonal.

This one is really neat:

But here is the more traditional hotel style. You can get one that is smaller but this seems to be the standard. I’ve been putting my MacBook in hotel safes for years and it’s the old 17" one.

Here’s a wall style:

This is an interesting low cost option:

And I just got a kick out of this one. The MacBook will definitely fit but I think it’s intended for when you have bad roommates, lol.

And here’s a cute designer style:

https://mycubesafe.com/shop/mycube-mini

3 Likes

Are you kidding? That isn’t a size safe you put in a guest room- it’s huge.

That is really big Bosty. But there a bunch of safes on that same site that will work. They are all called “hotel” and/or “laptop” safes.

Yes there would always be someone around to unlock the safes

Haha I know but jeeze Ralf seems determined to prove me wrong and I cannot be bothered to get a measuring tape out to ensure that he doesn’t start nitpicking over the measurements! I mean if it is called a laptop safe it’s gonna fit a laptop… as R would say, there’s no big conspiracy theory going on!

Personally, I think you should go all in and get a floor safe. Make it secret by covering it with a rug, the whole thing. Maybe go with a theme of some sort :smile:

But I did see a really cool dorm safe that rolls under the bed. The best safes I saw where when I searched for dorm safe and they all fit MacBooks. (A dorm is university housing, I think you call them something different over yonder).

Granted it’s probably not the most practical but it was an odd request and the market is saturated on them🤷‍♀️

1 Like

No I didn’t say I’d put it in my guest room I was just doing what I was asked to do

2 Likes