Rules - hard copy, platform, verbal or a combination

Sometimes humour is a good foil, but the harm behaviour like this can cause should never be understated.

In Scotland it falls under the Abusive Behaviour and Sexual Harm (Scotland) Act 2016, and I believe England and Wales have similar legislation. Its a one hundred percenter for the possibility of jail time, depending on the circumstances.

I would be astounded if the US does not have similar legislation, if not local, federal (but as I’ve said before, no expert on your laws over there).

In Spain, they simply wouldn’t give a fuck.

JF

1 Like

We do have lots of laws about it but, as per usual in the US, it varies by state, county and city. There’s usually a Federal law too but I’m not sure about this one, I’ll have a look. In some states it’s considered harassment, some abuse, some indecent exposure, some it’s assault. It’s a work in progress but there is generally a lot of support for making laws and upholding laws regarding dick pics. It is illegal in TX and South Carolina and CA and VA for sure, but I know there’s more.

2 Likes

You’ve all got me to thinking and I’m considering reporting it, so I had a Google and as far as I can tell here in the UK there isn’t a law against cyber flashing yet. In my case, it wasn’t cyber flashing as he was right there with me, but this was the closest thing I could find.

I note from JohnF that there might be another law re sexual behaviour in the UK, that this experience falls under. But I’m hesitant to report as I can’t find any law against it myself.

In response to the poster who said they couldn’t imagine how anyone could show a doc pic by accident, I’d like to give a little background:

The guest was wanting to show me a video of the new apartment share he’s finally found. This may sound suspicious already, but he was constantly updating me on his flat hunting and it wasn’t the first time he’d shown me photos of the flats he’d seen. I think I must have seen a couple of the pics and then the pic came up … and he then scrolled on looking for the video.

Once the d pick came up I went back to washing up (this guy took way too much of my time anyway and seemed to have zero awareness when I had other things I was doing). After a min or two he said ‘oh come on’ ( as if I was being immature in aborting the slide show) as he had found the video he wanted and apparently wanted me to go back to see them. I actually did go back (was confused and starting to think I’d imagined it) and had to watch a video of the entire flat tour with him pointing things out like the fridge and the oven.

I think maybe was an accident and I know it doesn’t matter either way as someone on here said, it’s not for me to prove.

Anyway if no law against it what can I do?!

It’s not your job to find “any law”, that’s the job of the reporting officer that you’d speak to.

JF

3 Likes

If all of this is the same fellow and it’s an Airbnb stay, please give him the negative review that he deserves and flag him on Airbnb. None of us want to host him.

1 Like

Please, please, please give him a negative review and “would not host again” comment.

I don’t want a needy pervert.

2 Likes