Reviews and Market Pricing

How much do you worry about the Value for Money score? I’ve got 165 reviews and 4.95 stars but the VfM score is 4.8. My husband says that many people would mark that down anyway and, besides, it proves I’m not undercharging. But I worry when I get 4* for value. What do you think?

Value can be very personal mindset. Everybody likes a bargain and I think it depends on where they come from, rather than what you are offering. I won’t discount when asked, because I see that as agreeing that the cost is too expensive. I wish them luck in finding something in their budget.
If they nitpick about the price, they will moan about other things.

1 Like

Not at all. But I have 622 reviews, 4.98 average, with a 5 star average in all categories except location which is 4.9. At this point an occasional ding on value isn’t going to hurt me at all. If I were just starting out I might be a little more wary of how my pricing would affect ratings.

I think 165 @ 4.95 is great and don’t worry about it.

Applying what I said about getting booked later… I just opened my calendar last week after being closed in July. I got a booking Thursday for Friday and a booking yesterday for today. I haven’t looked at what’s available but it’s probably not much or not great. So these folks have no reason to think this isn’t a good value. Everything else is either more or terrible so they are going to give a 5 on value.

Never. I know that I provide great value for money. If guests can’t see that, then it’s their problem. But there again, I don’t worry about scores at all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes