I am trying to figure out how to write a review and rate a guest…a guest who was never here !
They departed earlier this week. HERE IS THE SCENARIO ----
- young woman places a booking for her “team”. I think it was an instant booking.
- I question what kind of team ( I was thinking a bunch of soccer playing kids ) and she clarifies that it is her real estate group and they will be in town for a conference, and going to meetings downtown.
Here is the exact exchange:
- Hello xxxxxxxx! We can’t wait to have our team spend a few nights in your home.
- please provide additional information for my comfort level. What kind of “team” is this? What brings the Team to town? Thank you.
- We are a real estate team from xxxxxxxx with xxxxxxxs coming to an event in xxxxxxxxx.
I would be happy to provide any additional info you need to feel comfortable.
So , I send out my customized contract and require it to be signed. She signs and returns it with her work address, not personal address. ( red flag ) . She has somebody else also sign and name and initial the contract. ( red flag again ). ** Important note: I did not catch the insertion of the work address…or that would have triggered me to stop and question the non guest right there. And I think it is implicit when anyone is requesting an address on a contract, that the request is for a home address and not a work address.
- She Never mentioned to me that she would not be at the house. Is there a way that ABB is supposed to let an owner know if it is a work booking / 3rd party booking? Do we have the option to say no to a 3rd party booking. Are they obligated to tell you it is a 3rd party booking?
- Person arrives at house . A bit early. The other guests trickle in over the next 7 hours.
- I text my standard courtesy follow up on the next day. No response. No nothing. Silence.
- I text once more the second day, and mention the lack of response, and to see if everything is fine. I get an answer: Everything is fine. And then she types “beautiful”.
- I suspect she is not here
- The next day, the rental group headed out once more, after their day long meetings,…probably a finale banquet. There is an extra unauthorized car pulled into the driveway around 5PM… The extra car blocks my garage and also both our cars. We are stuck in for the night unless we disturb them and text them at the banquet / business meeting. Since I suspect that she is not here anyway, I fume and pace, and spend the night in. I dont want to break up a business meeting, and I have figured out the guests are clueless.
- Before bed I get a text from someone asking about departure instructions. I direct them to the book.
- I express that I never had a chance to meet xxxxxxx. I am told she is not in town…she only made the booking for them.
- House is left clean.
- I follow up with xxxxxx via text, standard thank you, and she says they all had a wonderful stay. Once more no mention of the fact she was never in the state.
- She sends a text asking us to mail back a set of missing guest keys, if found.
- We find a spiff on the back deck. Again, willing to ignore it.
- She has left a review.
OK NOW…BALL IS IN MY COURT…
Advise anyone ? Advise everyone?
I am feeling manipulated and lied to. Can I get a reality check with feedback from everyone please?