Review for guests who left 3 handwritten pages of "suggestions"

Hmm?

I had a normal stay and the Guest asked me when he left how he could pray for me. That one had me floundered, perhaps he meant prey?

ha! i live in “the Bible belt” so i get “have a blessed day” from everyone & their third cousin…
i ask guests for feedback via air email IF they think anything about our hosting and accomodation are less than 5 stars.

1 Like

Speaking of helpful guests – recently had some who watered the succulents. A lot. Yeah, they’re rotted out. I see yet another laminated sign in my future “Please do not water the plants.”

1 Like

I find that in general guests from the USA are rather picky, which is fine but they publish their complaints to the questionnaire following their stay instead of advising me face to face. There has not been one complaint in all the years I have been an Airbnb hostess that did not have a solution.

I think readers and Airbnb should take such reviews with a grain of salt but personally, I don’t and I am devastated when criticized for items not made known to my prior to the review.

As a matter of fact the only petition from a potential guest that has not been fulfilled is to evacuate my cats from my flat. I purposely advertise the cats so that allergic guests come prepared or that they look for a pet free room.

I just had a guest who suggested I should buy new sheets and towels. The funny part is that I JUST replaced all sheets and towels for white colour as I was tired of matching them.after wash and washing them separately as they were dark and light colours.Plus it was time . They were third guests who slept on them. When I told them that I just replaced them a month ago , he replied : we just stayed in Orlando in a mansion and everything there was new.
So what are you suggesting ? For me to replace sheets after each guests? You can’t win with a fool.

8 Likes

Gosh, … Princess and the pea much?

Yes exactly. And he is military guy

They won’t. They normally publicly berate you and complain about you not having things that you never said you had in your listing

1 Like

I Love the guests who, when asked by me as they exit, “Was everything ok?” ; and they reply, “perfect! We Love it here!”. Then leave a laundry list of shit wrong on their review.

2 Likes

Ranch, I think that POS group just left my place and checked into yours! :joy:

3 Likes

I had guests on Sunday who locked us out of the house at 10 pm. No apology; simply laughed and blamed her husband.

I suppose that we have to just realise that guests can be total twats and try to make ourselves and our rentals twat proof! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry if this sounds sexist, but I actually wanted to note it because I think there may be some inherent sexism involved (or classism, or what-have-you)

Anyway, I was chatting with a friend who was thinking about starting an AriBnb and I was explaining some of the things you encounter with guests.

I said “Every once in a while you’ll get a certain guest…for some reason it’s usually a man, who will take it upon himself to give you a laundry list of every little nitpicky thing you could do to “improve” the place.”
I’m not sure what is going on in their heads when they do this, but there’s something very invasive and condescending about it. Like they think you’re just this little clueless woman just dying to hear what they have to say, about the space that YOU created and know inside and out. Ugh.

Luckily as I get into the 100’s of reviews, those types are less and less. though I did have one recently and after exchanging about 20 messages after his stay about every little thing that should be changed or wasn’t up to his standards, I found out from my cleaner that he let his golden retriever sleep or lay all over both of my expensive duvet covers (one is linen) as well as the sofa. That was my last message to him. “Oh, by the way, my cleaner says there was dog hair everywhere and she is charging me an extra $40 for pet hair removal” Jerk!

It’s too bad you didn’t include that last word in your message to him.

4 Likes

I’m wondering why you continued messaging with this guy after check out?

Trust me, it wasn’t my idea! It was one of those “We have just arrived back home and I wanted to mention a few things about our stay” type messages…and then I got sucked into the whole conversation and couldn’t get out of it. I think we were messaging back and forth for about an hour! It was like trying to off the phone with an annoying neighbor or something.

1 Like

The wonderful thing about the messaging is that you can simply pour yourself a glass of wine and ignore any messages that come in.

not that easy when you’re in mid-conversation with someone!

Anytime I’ve received unsolicited feedback I’ve noticed that I still get 5 stars and it still stings a little. And then I decide not to take it personally. And then I mine for the gems in the feedback and incorporate them. With some distance I have seen that every time someone gave me feedback it was actually because they wanted to help. It may not always feel that way and it’s easy to assume they are just egotistical and high on their own opinions, but some people genuinely have the best of intentions even if they don’t land that way. Personally, I would not equate that with being a difficult guest.

5 Likes

I don’t agree. As said before my negative reviews are from Americans. A European will say for example that the chair is a lovely antique, which it is. The American will say its uncomfortable as if it is an item from Ikea.

Comments like that piss us all off. If the guest wants Ikea furniture than he should go to one of those places and not give me havoc as my photos clearly show that most of my furniture is antique.