Review for guest who sent a sub?

Keep us posted on how this turns out. I’m dealing with a similar situation now. I will definitely leave an honest review, but am curious if AirBnB will bother doing anything if I complain. I informed my guest she’d have to stay on site with the relative she was booking for, and she agreed, but hasn’t been here other than dropping him off. But maybe Air considers her stepping foot on the property as staying here.

1 Like

This is a violation of the new TOS and you should definitely open a case.

2 Likes

Xena, abandoning an elderly parent at your place is definitely worse! And is a form of elder abuse. How unconscionable. I would report that person to AirBnB for sure. So not OK.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I ended up leaving a factual review. He never left us a review.

Here’s what we said:

“Mark did not stay at my property. He made a reservation for one guest and just prior to the trip, texted that he was arriving soon. A different person arrived and said Mark could not make the trip. The stay went fine, but we are completely baffled.”

I didn’t open a case with AirBnB, as it was just not worth the hassle for me. That may be a cop out in some way, but I’m a little weary from fighting other battles right now. I figured that we earned a good amount from the one week stay, the guest was nice enough, and hopefully Mark learned his lesson about taking care of things the proper way.

3 Likes

This happened to me the other day. I let them stay but I spoke to Airbnb and they said if it happens again you need to report them. Then you need to get them to cancel the booking and get the actual person staying to sign up and book in its place.

They also said do not review them, even if its to say it was a different person.

1 Like

So, they want you to let them go on to do this to someone else?

1 Like

We just had this happen with a group of Cuban start up entrepreneurs, who were ironically here to visit Air Bnb!

The guy who booked for them was very up front that he was booking for the 3 Cubans because they were not able to obtain Air accounts in Cuba. I think it’s more to do with verification and payment, then ‘not being allowed’. (I asked our neighbor who works for Air and she confirmed that they (Air) just started being able to offer Cubans accounts, and many are having issues with the verification process). The guy who booked sent me the 3 guys name and tried to send their Linked IN profile, obviously it was blocked. So, I did a quick LInked IN search to verify the info, and happily accepted the booking.

They left my house in immaculate condition and were so easy to communicate with. I wish all guests were this great. In my review I wrote ‘The group XXX booked for…’ all positive comments, but I felt other hosts deserved to know he did not actually stay.

3 Likes

They said that they would contact them and tell them it’s againts the TOS.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. But I think this is different because they were upfront about it and didn’t try to impersonate anyone.

They also said do not review them, even if its to say it was a different person.
This works for Airbnb but not us hosts, definitely review them!

1 Like