Responding to Guest Review

Well it’s interesting that a few of you have suggested to say ‘apologize’ instead of ‘sorry.’

What I like about ‘sorry’ is that it has another meaning besides apologize; it can signify empathy as if to say I’m sorry you’re going through this. We say ‘I’m sorry’ all the time with that meaning.

2 Likes

I believe the main difference in concern between a charcoal grill and a gas or electric grill is that charcoal can end up out of the grill, whether accidentally or not, and start a fire. And in many places, fires have a tendency to extend well beyond a patio.

2 Likes

I laughed hard over this one

2 Likes

That’s what I don’t like about the word “sorry”- the 2 meanings that can be misconstrued, especially in something like a review response, unless the context of the sentence makes it clear.

I wouldn’t want to come across as apologizing for a guest complaint issue that resulted from the guest’s own ineptitude, failure to read provided instructions, or lack of communication.
But I might say, “I’m sorry that the guests couldn’t figure out how to use the grill, but the easy remedy for that would just have been to ask me to explain, or read the instruction sheet I leave.”

1 Like

I guess this one got beat to death…

1 Like