Respectful guest and a clogged sink

Have you used a plunger. IE a rubber cup attached to a handle should clear vomit.

:rofl: $2.98!

I’m imagining a plumber (I’m picturing John Belushi) showing up with this (really cute) plunger and presenting a bill for $80.

I’m definitely going to pick one up at Home Depot.

1 Like

LOL! Yeah that is a great visual. Belushi would be perfect. Or Bill Murray?
It is a great little plunger. We tried a LOT of stuff before using this with hot water and dawn - it totally worked. Years of slow build-up got all shook up and voila - it drains like a rocket.

I did use a plunger and a few other tricks! Managed to get in unclogged last week, thanks for your input though! much appreciated.

2 Likes

Yep, I concur! Got a norovirus at the family Memorial Day get together this spring. I plugged my sink— toilet was too far away!

So this recently happened to me at my property. I was completely mortified that a guest reported that the sink was blocked. Basically a guest before poured a ton of bacon grease down the drain. The drain was flowing when I was there after the cleaners - but I guess it solidified and eventually blocked the drain.

We immediately offered to send a plumber but the guest felt that the house was so nice - they would be fine using the other sink. I was actually shocked that we got a solid review from the guest. Sometimes good things happen.

That being said - the trap needed to be cleaned out. There was no way of getting around that.

Dan Akroyd played the plumber on SNL, as I recall. Butt crack and all.

1 Like