Reservation on behalf someone else

I did not find any particular rule or term regarding that, but would like to know, whether guest is actually allowed to made reservation for someone else. I mean Martina book my room but she sent me message she doing that for her sister/brother/whoever. Can guest do that?
Is it not against airbnb policy?
Or in case there is nothing specific about such situation, do I have to right refuse such reservation?
Thanks for help.

1 Like

Yes, it’s against Airbnb policy. It happened to me a couple of times, wife reserving for husband or daughter reserving for older parents, but in general it’s better whoever makes the reservation to be the actual guest.

Yes, second-hand bookings are against Airbnb policy, and can put you in some very difficult situations.

Thanks for quick answer. May I ask where is such policy rule stated? In which section?

I would have to research that. You could probably go to the “help” section and type in second-hand bookings and get Airbnb’s policy on it that way.

1 Like

Checking Terms right now, but cannot find any, neither with keyword “behalf”. Not even under section 8, which is most likely the one where it should be stated.

Just checked - go to the “help” section and enter “second party bookings.” about 4-5 lines down you will see “Can I book on behalf of a friend or family member?” question. That answer should give you the information you are looking for.

1 Like

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

1 Like

Thanks all, problem solved. Any way to close this discussion for further comments or mark it as “resolved”?

I can close it as a moderator. As a user, no.

2 Likes