Requests for long-term residence

I never had anyone renting from me through Trulia though I list with them

Except that they have no intention of paying that price, as he said already.

I actually did take it off platform for a longer term when I first started but the woman ended up getting her 5 star review removed after all was said and done. She asked about it on platform and I had said basically I would need her to stay first and leave a review in platform while we worked it all out.

She was fine as far as taking care of the place even with her 2 or 3 cats but Left lots of negative comments in her private feedback and mostly because she didn’t properly read either the listing or the separate lease. The review and comments arrived after the lease had already started because I hadn’t thought about the fact that she wouldn’t be able to review until AFTER the stay which meant she would need to have already started the lease.

I was missing a few small items (pillow case, pillow protector, fork, spoon, etc.) so deducted them from her security deposit. She was not at all happy with that and then complained to Airbnb that I extorted her.

After her stay (but before her review was removed) I would respond that people needed to have at least two bookings with accompanying reviews so that the first one could be posted before any lease was signed.

After the review was removed I added a line to my listing that I would not do off platform bookings due to the one guest claiming extortion.

I would still consider doing it but only In special circumstances where I felt comfortable with it, which is not super likely anymore for someone coming to me via Airbnb. I do plan to ADD a long term lease to the Airbnb long term bookings though so that I am not as much tied to their abysmal enforcement and fairness practices.

We will never host anyone for more than 8 days. That’s our max, for any reason, ever.

1 Like

That’s ok. I just got a 93 day booking and am more than happy with it.