Request from guest with no reviews and no profile - penalized to decline?

@muddy I declined because I thought that’s what I should do. I wasn’t going to accept with no information to go by.
Here was the message “…wedding on sat, shoot me a text, first bnb,”
But, seems Air doesn’t want people to decline because it never said message sent. So, I finally wrote a personal message which is what I was doing initially until I saw accept/decline.
I’ve not declined anyone else so far. I was nervous, just joined, no info, coming to a wedding. Who knows.

@muddy Well, it finally worked out with the guest to accept his reservation. He provided everything I asked for including a photo with his dog.
This was a challenge for me and next time I’ll know to ask questions so I can get what I’m comfortable with.

1 Like

For sure, you should ask necessary questions. Newbies require some education and hand-holding.

You have 24 hours to either accept or decline, so communicate with the guest as much as you feel you need to in the meantime.

One thing about “wedding” bookings. Make sure the guest understands he can’t have anyone else over to the house who isn’t accounted for on the booking.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip about wedding guest. That was one of the things I was concerned about.
My first hosting experience in AZ I didn’t use IB, not sure it was available then or was new. Anyway it’s all changed and I think, oh I’m getting used to this and then the challenge today and I feel like I’m a beginner.