Request from Airbnb to delete data

This is all very interesting info an an area of law that so few of us know about.

BUT… the first question needs to be, “is the email legit?” With all the spam going around, I wouldn’t hit reply on anything until you
CALL OR EMAIL AIR DIRECTLY AND ASK THEM!

If it came through your Air dashboard it’s likely legit. Then ask them to clarify what info has to be deleted and why and how and what law applies, etc.

If it came through direct email, I’d assume it’s not legit.

But my opinion is to always be safe and confirm the source first.

It was through regular email, which looks legit. The links took me to the Airbnb site. I tried to find a list of my past reservations but gave up. I’m curious to know who it was and why they’d be concerned about something as trivial as a stay at my Airbnb listing.

Maybe I’ll call Air.

I’m having no luck getting through to Air, even by email. I keep going in a loop …contact us…then get nowhere because my question doesn’t fit into any of their help categories.

I’m going ignore the request to delete any information. I think it was a CYA mass mailing to show Airbnb is complying.

You could try Twitter - it’s basically a referral service.

1 Like

I do have s Twitter account. I never remember my password so I keep having to reset it. I may try. Thanks.

Extramarital affair?