Request for a 4 months stay from an empty new profile

The guest must send an offline ID document , eg. Passport, drivers license, social security , country ID or similar. The system receives and stores it. It is the least unsafe feature. The hosts don’t get to see this document, but Airbnb does. Guests scan or send a picture of it. It must have the name and picture.

But, you know, a person can also send anyone’s ID to Airbnb…but that’s another story

But isn’t it the definition of verifications? One may have emails, Facebook, reviews, or identity card. All these are at the same level of verifications if I’m not wrong. So with a minimum of one verification is it considered a verified profile by the Airbnb system? Or, does one verification have more weight than another one?

As far as I understand verified profile and verifications are the same. But I’m not sure. I’m really open to any explanation.

No, that’s not a verified profile. Verifying an email means nothing. Verification means (I think) that Airbnb’s machines have checked that the document presented to them looks at least vaguely like an approved government id. I wouldn’t put too much faith in it, but it’s better than nothing.

And personally I think one should check guest id when then arrive too. Better safe than sorry.

Faheem,

What is a guest ID?
In one year of hosting I never heard of that.

Ah, I’ve just looked into my Airbnb Android application to check this. I think that to get a verified verification we have to reach a minimum amount of verifications. I don’t remember which ones nor the number of them.
So yes I think it’s the little green checkbox.

Well, I’m french and I thought that “guest ID” was “guest identifier” but it must mean “guest identity”!
:slight_smile:

Richard, just search Airbnb for verification and they explain what they ask for. It’s much more than an email address.

I just meant the guest’s government issued identify document(s). And see Verifying your identity - Airbnb Help Centre for Airbnb’s verification process.

1 Like

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/450/what-is-verified-id?topic=201

1 Like

I just had my calendar blocked by Airbnb pending a verification of a guest and I haven’t had an inquiry or request to book. This makes me mad as I don’t know if I will accept this guest but it’s sure better than nothing. I wish Airbnb wouldn’t do this. Found this on airs community forum

More often, though, the reason you see your calendar blocked out with “pending verification”, but have not received a message, is that a guest has sent you a reservation request, but they do not have verified ID when either you the host require that, or in this instance Airbnb requires that. So, the guest’s reservation request gets “held up” in the system, intercepted on its way to you as it were, while Airbnb gives the guest time to complete verification, usually 12 hrs. Your calendar stays blocked during this time – though I thought I heard that Airbnb was starting to roll out a new program which actually I had suggested a long time ago, namely that Airbnb first contact the host to ask permission to hold the dates for that guest, rather than just going ahead and doing that without contacting host at all. Many hosts have been upset to find their calendar blocked and no way to unblock it, by someone who has not contacted them. HOsts wanted an option to not allow their calendar to be blocked.

Once guest has completed verification, the reservation request will proceed through to you and you can accept or decline it.

2 Likes

Faheem, Maggieroni:

Excellent link.

I was lost by the translation of “guest ID”/“Verified ID”. In french it is completely different and in computer science an ID is an identifier (number)! Here it means identity.

So now it’s clear. Thank you.

1 Like

De rien, c’est identité ID
Vous êtes français, mon mari est français!

2 Likes