Renting out a 3 bedroom option -v- a 1 bedroom option?

What a ludicrous thing to say. The OP mentioned that he was in Canada in reference to the 14 day quarantine, which all travelers entering the country had to do before people were fully vaccinated.

I’m Canadian, and I can assure you that I don’t mention “Canada” in every post I make, here or anywhere else. Perhaps I used that word 1 time out of a thousand posts over the years, because it was part of the context.

And how would you know if someone was Canadian if they didn’t mention it? You’ve probably read hundreds of posts by Canadians that didn’t mention Canada- yet “Canadians always manage to…”

What other demographics of people do you lump together as “always” behaving a certain way? Lots, I’d bet.

3 Likes

This is an international forum - referring to where you are located is important.

2 Likes

Canada

2 Likes

It depends on your business goals. If you want to maximize revenue or what?

1 Like

You seem a little new to this. ;-). But yes, that is probably the case a majority of the tine.

You’re right! I definitely consider myself new to this!

I’ve hosted about about 1,500 bookings total, and host about 75 bookings a month (all self-funded, self-designed, self-managed listings). But I’m getting experience as quick as I can. Not quick enough, to be sure!

1 Like

People absolutely will bring more people than they booked sometimes, but I think it’s rare in owner occupied places. What is always odd to me are the owners who have cameras to “catch” guest missteps but then either don’t check the recordings, or when they do, they don’t do anything about it. They wait until the guest has checked out and then come here and ask what they should do. As long as small number of guests can get away with bringing unpaid extras, smuggling in pets, turning the camera the other way and having a party and there are hosts that don’t do anything, some guests will continue to attempt it.

2 Likes

I’m not owner occupied. I have seen things on the camera I let go because it wouldn’t change anything (ie. extra person but still below my capacity), or an animal when I KNEW they’d cry ESA & didn’t want to risk my review (so waited until after to see if there where damages to charge for).

Or, I wasn’t going to kick them out but was going to charge them…no need to disrupt their stay and my peaceful weekend with a “gotcha” message.

Really I was responding to say I think one reason hosts “let it go” (not me :wink:) sometimes is it’s hard to address. I have confronted multiple guests for egregious trespasses and IT IS STRESSFUL. I hate confrontation but I hate being jobbed even more… so I confront.

Plus you know you have to deal with the “possible bad review” stress…I haven’t had a bad guest I didn’t confront yet so haven’t had a chance to try the “wait until the last 3 minutes to review” trick.

I will always take care of business, but I have yet to take it lightly. I have gotten better at confronting in a kind way that gets me restitution and a decent review, but it’s like playing chess while the guest is playing checkers. Takes some skills.

3 Likes