Rent to rent (on air)

It is the nature of human communication that people go off on tangents when discussing something. And just because a poster started a thread doesn’t mean that other responses concerning the topic, even though it wasn’t a direct answer to your question, or people jumped to conclusions, doesn’t mean the responses might not apply or be informative to others in the future.

There are plenty of people who think they can just rent a place and turn around and Airbnb it, without the owner’s permission, without licensing or insurance. If a new poster who has that mindset searches the topic, this thread would come up and would be pertinent to them, even if those cautions don’t apply to you.

2 Likes

The majority of hosts believe rental arbitrage to be all of those things.

You asked for thoughts and that’s what you were given. Then you say this:

I mean… it sounds like you’re trolling.

3 Likes

I can understand if the thread has naturally morphed in to something else over time, but I think by addressing all these hypotheticals right at the start, it hinders answers to the actual question, surely? If someone wants to talk about all of that, why not start a new thread, or at least wait a couple of days before turning the scenario in to something different right from the start?

No I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about people coming up with scenarios such as poster lying to the landlord about the reason they are letting the apartment!

It’s not illegal here!

Re your last quote this was written some time after the thread had begun… and AFTER I’d reached the conclusion not to do it. But some people didn’t get that and started asking me why I was asking then :joy:

Because it’s not all about you.

4 Likes

Isn’t the answer to a question usually about the question though?!

Two days later is later, I’ll give you that.

Since the question is settled and you find questioning the question questionable, I’m going to close this thread.

4 Likes