Rent one room, to two people?

Henry

Unfortunately you can’t have it both ways - if you want to generate more money you will need to accept two guests - inevitably many will have sex.

If this makes you uncomfortable - then you will need to accept generating less money by having single guests.

And if you don’t like cleaning sheets this can happen with single men as well as couples. :frowning: :wink:

Are you sure that using BNB/letting out your spare room is for you

3 Likes

Helsi,

Thanks for the post, I just wanted to check how much of a problem it can be to have couples as guests. What the noise levels and washing issues may be. Based on some previous comments it doesn’t sound as bad as I though, although the walls at my house are particularly thin.

I think I’ll just start renting properly for two and see how it goes.

I’ll be going to sleep very early so may very well be wearing ear plugs on a regular occasion anyway, as the majority of people stay up very late compared to me.

All to be tried and tested, hope and guidance greatly appreciate! Fantastic community forum here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, this thread did make me chuckle. I know we don’t like to think about it in a bed we own and in sheets we will have to wash, but yes, couples on holidays have sex. And believe it or not, the hotel industry encourages this as they know it makes for happy (and returning) guests.

A noise curfew at 10pm is absolutely reasonable. Telling a couple they can’t have sex, in a private room they’ve paid for, is not. But you could certainly go down the “curtains and hush-hush” route, just letting the guest know that the walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING, so could they please keep that in mind because it becomes very embarrassing when you have to knock on a door…

I would guess that 99% of guests would then consider your feelings and keep things quiet to the point that you will not hear them. Even the most amorous guests won’t want to be interrupted by your knock. And if “not hearing them” is all that bothers you, job done, no? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you should simply limit your rental to 1 person, single traveler. Send the young couples to my house :relaxed:

Based on another post@Yana seems to have been having some trouble with guests having loud hanky panky, I’ve never had any wake me.