Really? You've re-arranged all of my furniture?

Maybe you could offer it as an “Experience” on Airbnb. If you do, I want my cut… :rofl:

4 Likes

I had a cleaning lady who was most excellent. She insisted on rearranging things. It was always a surprise when you came home! Downright creepy with a guest, though. Like “Poltergeist”

4 Likes

A recent guest re-arranged a bookshelf so all the books were arranged by height rather than subject. Weird. She got into my cleaning supplies closet too. I’ll be putting a lock on that!

I’ve had several guests reorganize the maps, tourist brochures, magazines and menus that I have in two wall hung file folders . . . people are sure interesting!

2 Likes

I get a lot of that too. Mine aren’t wall hung though.

1 Like

Could they maybe just be looking at them.and putting them back in the order they look at them?:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I had one woman proceed to get drunk late at night and then take a decorative antique chair from my garden flower bed and sit on it with the legs up in the air (she was trying to balance on the back legs). The 80 year old chair cracked from the pressure and she tumbled with it. Her poor husband and son had to cater to her drama as she moaned and sighed with a “slipped disc”. I tried to give her pain relievers and a cold pack when I found out about it at 10 a.m the next morning but she said the only thing that helped was wine.:stuck_out_tongue:.

I’d never been so glad as when she told her son she would have to cancel with us and go stay with him to convalesce. The look on the daughter in law’s face was priceless, like someone pleading with their eyes to save them. The poor girl. Clearly, there was a reason they had booked her to stay elsewhere to begin with.

1 Like

Oh it just keeps getting better. We have discovered this week she has added her favourite series to my PVR, to record on a regular basis!!! I noted in her review that she moved all of our deck furniture, she texted hubby and said “sorry if I over stepped”. Now to get all this crap TV off my PVR …

People are strange!
I myself once had a couple re-arranging my entire living room and never understand why.
They also left dishes from a weeks use and used a towel PER DAY (now those are locked away) and put the heating to the max during spring! The worst guests ever and I of course left scathing but honest review!
She went ballistic afterwards and couldn’t see anything wrong with her actions.
People are STRANGE !

I made that mistake a few weeks ago. Had to go see my parents and no way to avoid check-ins. Hubby says I didn’t tell him about meeting guests. They couldn’t make lockbox work and were not happy.

Jane_Graham: Yeah! I have the squishy stuff on the sink sideboard for draining dishes but always have to clean under it and wonder just what the heck people are doing there beside putting wet dishes!

1 Like