Rant Time>>please commiserate together!

On Thanksgiving there was a wind driven wildfire that was put out quickly. Thank you Fire Heroes!!! Yesterday the wind was less and the power co. cut off electricity, at 8:30 a.m., no knowing when they would restore it; so I had to get our weekend guests to cancel and refunded them, my hub couldn’t go to his work either, so we lost 600$… today its gorgeous and calm… arghhh

3 Likes

Such a shame, but as long as everyone is okay, that’s the important thing.

5 Likes

Yes unfortunately its the new normal in California
The power got shut off three times this summer at my house. The last time was for two days
Sorry you lost income because of it

2 Likes

I have a whole house generator waiting for final installation. I built for it when I built my smaller cabin, transfer switch and propane line were done with the cabin build. It will power all 3 buildings on the property.

I finally bought the generator a couple months ago and it is sitting there not hooked up… I just need to dig a ditch and run the final leg of plumbing and electrical. I will dig the ditch and hire out the rest. I am going to get on it…

RR

2 Likes

I hear you. I’ve not had fire problems but flooding & hurricanes that limited access. I hate that it happened. Glad you will have a generator option. Endangering natural events occur. The key is all be safe. My buildings are insured so if blown away at least those are covered. I don’t have loss of revenue insurance. The losses so far haven’t warranted it.

We had gusts to 55mph in our neighborhood today. Some old trees blew over but fortunately went into the street and not on the house. Several power outages from trees down or conductor slap.

Of course safety 1st. In hindsight I should have asked them if they wanted to change res. from 2 nights to 1 because its been lovely all day here, (Power on ) just spectacular! Also we just had a cancel later in Dec, due to covid…

Hopefully we can get some work done around here in Dec!

RR I wish we could do something like that! It’s just not practical, because the plug for the trailer is just so very dated! But we do have a nice generator for the house!

A suitably qualified auto (RV) electrician could solve that issue pretty quickly and I suspect that there is an upgrade kit for your trailer either on the market just now, or one that the electrician could adapt.

JF

3 Likes