Rank dropped from 27 to 143 overnight!

Thanks that’s really useful.

Pierre, I would like to ask you a question if you’re okay about answering it. What counts more in the search algorithm, the total amount of hits or the conversion rate? Airbnb says:

If guests frequently click through to your listing page or try to book your space, this can also positively affect your placement in search.

But getting hits is easy. Is the conversion rate more important? If people are constantly clicking through to a listing but no bookings result from it, how does this factor into the search placement?

I don’t think it is possible to identify one factor as being key, especially not since the last update to their search in May that I guess is more heavily relying on AI than before. I would just assume that securing bookings is more important than securing views, and securing more bookings per view is even more important.

1 Like

How does it work to automate emails and reviews? Do you have input for each of these, or what happens?

Different modes are available. Smartbnb can automatically send ASAP (± within a minute), or just prepare the message for you to review manually, and even in between (give you an opportunity to review manually, and if you don’t review or delete the message, an automatic message will be sent after a time that you can define).

The starting point is of course your templates. Most are provided out of the box, and can help you adapt it to your own style.

Reviews are similar. You know when the review is handled by Smartbnb, and what comment would be sent. If you want to amend, you can of course edit everything (stars, recommendations, comment), or delete, or just review on Airbnb anyway (your review wouldn’t be overwritten). There is also a special mode to handle bad reviews and take advantage of the full 14 days double-blind period.

Thanks for the answer. I’ll keep it in mind for the future. For now, I’m happy to do it on my own. :slight_smile:

For me the market report is not that useful: My area is a small suburb just outside of a huge city. In my own market, I am #1 or #2. But if I change the market to the big name city next door, I disappear in the rankings.

But how is it that when I do an anonymous search on my suburb, the top 5 or so results are condos in the downtown core - not new listings and very professional-looking - very far away from my original search parameters. How have these listings made it to the top?? Is there some secret to hacking
top billing in other markets?