Raising refundable security deposit

I don’t know what UMD or DC means? Is this American? If so doubt most others outside US would know either.

I am going to guess University of Maryland and District of Columbia. One is a major university; the other is the capital of the United States of America.

2 Likes

@dcmooney – Is it Riverdale or Riversdale? You gave both names. What would people be searching for…certainly not “comfy” or “cozy”…usually the destination so Riverdale (or Riversdale) should lead for a recognizable web name. For example:

• RiverdaleHomeStay
  • RiverdaleVacationRental
  • RiverdaleHomeSuites
  • RiverdaleHomeRental
  • Riverdale2Bedroom

My town is Riverdale, but the mansion is Riversdale.

98% of my guests come to see Washington DC. But I’m in the suburbsl! And I’d love to stir up more business related to the University of Maryland, a large, top-ranked university, 5 minutes from my home. A neighbor does get a lot of such business, I’ve only had 2 guests who were here for that reason.

But we do love our DC tourists! It’s a great town!

There is quite possibly someone at the university whose responsibility it is to help visitors find local accommodation. Although I very much favour internet promotion, I think that in this case it would be worth your while to print out a small info sheet explaining why your place is such a good deal for people who are visiting the university. Take a few of these to the person who deals with accommodation and keep in touch with them.

Have you seen this site?

2 Likes

Can you advertise the suite on UMD bulletin boards? Of course that may attract more long term guests. But you can definitely appeal to the ones bringing their kids on college tours.

1 Like