Question about managing property for another homeowner

@jaquo, I’m going to open up to you and tell you this about my religious preferences: This @God is definitely not the highly praised God of Twitter. I follow that god. He’s funny and smart, which is really the least you should expect of someone calling themselves a god. :crazy_face:

GodonTwitter

3 Likes

I do too. His FB quips are often worth sharing.

1 Like

Ya, the owner just has a huge financial interest and all the liability.

RR

1 Like

I appreciate the responses I’ve received. I didn’t realize my simple question would lead to such strong feelings from people. If I would’ve known I would have clarified in the original post that the owners are completely on board with our arrangement. They approached me about managing their property after ending their relationship with a national property management company. I’m not trying to pull the wool over their eyes nor am I misrepresenting them. They are completely aware of the agreement since they approached me with it. I just wanted to know how to allow the owners access to the calendar without allowing them access to my personal property or travel. I’ve found a solution. Thank you.

2 Likes

That happens around here. But look on the bright side, your questions get answered. Not always the answer you are looking for but answered.

Take the best and leave the rest.

RR

1 Like

Hi,
I am a Superhost on a listing that I own. My son is buying a house in my town and wants me to manage it. He and his partner want to be able to view the calendar. Is this possible? Thanks!

Sure. You are the host and your son the co-host. Or … visa versa. Technically he “should” be the host but it could be done either way.

At some point, for whatever reason, someone else might manage - so if that is an eventuality, he should be the host and you co-cost. Then, it’s easy to swap to a new co-host.

Sure - if you don’t want a co-host, just give him your login/password. Either way…

1 Like

I want to do everything involved with hosting but want the money to go into HIS bank account. I want him to be able to view the calendar as well. I guess I could make him a personal calendar for Airbnb. I merge my own bookings on my personal calendar as well. What would you do?

Actually, I want the money to go into HIS bank account as well.

Then co-host is the way to go. My significant other is my co-host and it’s a good way to split up the income as well!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Susan

Ah - then he needs to be the host, and you the co-host. Viola

I also run 2 properties, one I own, the other owned by a good friend. I just take a screen shot of the calendar and send it to her as a message at the beginning of each month in our active season.

I don’t see the reason for that. I believe you can set up the funds to go to whichever account you elect, even if it is cohost.

I would however recommend that @susanoakisland use a joint account (host and cohost) for the sole use for AirBNB deposits and expenses.

• That way both can validate that AirBNB has deposited the funds
  • either has access for AirBNB expenses or any refunds,
  • combine the account with a joint credit card just for the AirBNB so that both Mom and Son can track expenses, and ensure it’s not coming out of Mom’s personal finances.
  • This will help for tax purposes
  • From that account funds can be transferred to son’s primary account to purchase a very generous Mother’s Day gift.
2 Likes

NOW you’re talking!!! I love this idea :revolving_hearts:

Great idea! Thanks for all the responses.

Susan

With the property that you do NOT own, are you the host or co-host? If you decide to be the host, can you set up Payoneer with the link to a DIFFERENT bank account from the bank account of the property that you own?

1 Like

@susanoakisland you sound like a great mom, and surely you do not want your adult children taking advantage of you. You should take a cut, 20% would be a bargain so you BOTH feel better about it. Just saying.

RR

4 Likes