Pugilistic host doesn't go down without a fight

I think that some stay just so they can leave aeview and see his response :smile:

4 Likes

I live in NYC. I can also tell you that if this host is offering you a full apartment in an apartment building, be forewarned that his Airbnb could be shut down by the city at any moment. It is illegal.

To illustrate with non-vague statements…I had a guest here about two weeks ago who used to live in NY but still has NY listed as his home and an apartment in the west village but only one review. He said he no longer lives in NY and he quit hosting because the city shut down his neighbor. Also I’m on a facebook group that has a travel section and a lot of NY members. One host in Brooklyn has been visited in the city and another member got their NYC airbnb canceled at the last minute.
So chances may be small but they are there.

1 Like

Exactly. Frankly, rats? He should be shut down. I don’t really understand where the OP is coming from by staying there, but then again, I am old.

I recently read “Kids” Patti Smith’s excellent memoir of her and Robert Mapplethorpe living in West Village cold water walk up apartments in the late 60s before they were both famous. I imagine Hector offers a recherche experience complete with resident vermin and beat poetry readings.

2 Likes

I will ask about the poetry.

1 Like

I like your attitude. Some people just complain too much. I mean a rat is really just an apartment squirrel.

3 Likes

I read that just last month :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just came across this particular thread tonight – did @icenisf ever post an update about her stay in July?

I don’t think so. It must have been uneventful. I saw a host’s responses that make this look like nothing and now I’m kicking myself that I can’t remember where I saw them. If I ever run across them again I’ll PM them to you. They were dismayzing.

I ran across this guy’s listing when planning for a recent trip. He seems to respond to every review. This is typical of what he says:

John1

:flushed:

2 Likes

Oy vey! Are the responses all like that?

1 Like

@CeeBee Yes! Any guest who hasn’t left all 5-stars gets called-out and admonished (and there are quite a few). But even the guests who he approves of and who left all 5-stars get really strange responses. He responds to every guest.

Wow—that response would scare me away from the rental…complicated host.

1 Like

OMG, no way I would book with that ahole.

1 Like

@CeeBee the stay was uneventful apart from the large roach living in the hallway. All went in the review.

2 Likes

So I found the host I’d seen before who has dismazing responses to some of his reviews. I can only imagine the reviews he leaves guests. They must be truly gobsmacking. (Edit: I checked some reviews he left and they are brief and generally good, even saying “great guest” about one but then responding to the review negatively. He must be one of those who won’t stand for any private feedback or star deductions like the host JJD posted above.

He calls guests “mentally-challenged,” “knucklehead,” “Miss Dumbelina,” “Miss Pendeja,” that sort of thing.

He described one as "This 300-pound, mustache-having thing that doesn’t even rate the word woman has some nerve. "

“Another white person bites the dust,” (although I rather liked him calling out what he saw as her fear of people of color.)

One person gave him a nice review and he corrected her spelling and made a snarky comment about her use of the entire home, even though the listing explicitly states “full house access.”

This is why I say a review won’t be removed unless the guest complains about it. (now who was I having that convo with?) @Brian_R170 was it you?

2 Likes

I may have been in on that one.

I found the previous thread. It was @Muddy.

1 Like

No rats this time? Maybe they were on vacation. Or enjoying the outdoors