Psycho neighbor... Review (as a guest)?

Oh brother… Does anyone else want to answer this? After about the millionth time, I am just done explaining. :tired_face:

2 Likes

PERFECT… do not change a thing. It is NOT too long.

3 Likes

@konacoconutz. You just need a little text document to drag into a reply window. :wink:

1 Like

Huh? I don’t follow??? [quote=“smtucker, post:43, topic:9575”]
@konacoconutz. You just need a little text document to drag into a reply window. :wink:
[/quote]

In response to this…

@chrlsrchrdsn, I know that, but forum regular @konacoconutz has a theory which sounds valid regarding reviews.

In cases like mine, where the other party knows you are likely to leave a bad review, the other party will wait and hope you do not review them. If you leave a review, they will retaliate with a bad review cause without reading it, they know you likely left a bad review

2 Likes

Goodness. I’d say something like “While the host was friendly, we were forced to cancel our reservation early due to an ongoing issue with a neighboring property.” Give him 4 stars if you want but I’d be p*ssed if this happened to a previous guest and I booked before it was resolved. n fact, this person shouldn’t even host until it’s resolved. I’m so sorry, what a crappy experience.

1 Like

The reason they gave you cash was so they would not have to use the AirBNB interface to cancel the rest of your stay, which would automatically ding them. This means this person has experience doing this. This also means others following you will experience the same issue. You should use the URL to this topic in your review so people can see the whole background. If you have 5 great reviews and one bad one. You’re fine. BUT next time FORCE them to cancel via AirBNB so it dings them!

3 Likes

Why would he want to do that?

This is a closed forum for hosts wanting to let off steam and ask for advice.

BNB doesn’t allow links and even if they did it wouldn’t work for a closed forum :frowning:

The URL to this topic will obviously not work, and will be filtered out by AIrbnb.

This is not a closed forum: it is as public as it can be :smiley:

2 Likes

This is a masterpiece. It is a fair and balanced review, informative and detailed while remaining factual. Moreover, it does good in that he will be forced to address this issue for good.

1 Like

oops you’re right - mixing it up with hidden forum on here :frowning: