Psycho guest problem...not sure what to do :(

Calling guest ‘psycho’ for alleged food spoilage without a slice of evidence, even after the guests left a gift card and thank you note (I’ve got thank you note, and flowers/chocolate/wine all the time, but never a gift card, from my super-nice non-‘psycho’ guests).

I would certainly not stay in OP’s home as a guest (not the right sentiment to be a host). I am surprised most hosts sided with him/her.

2 Likes

Airbab dont give a dam about the hosts. We had a guy make death threats after we finally had to ask him to leave.
We told airbab about it - and do you know what they did- They fell all over themselves looking after the guests–!!
Yes thats right the guests. Instead of banning them they sent them to another poor host- although we are pretty sure they would have toned it done trying to make out it was us and not them.

Thats not the end of the story- after airban so kindly rewarded their bad behavior–this creep has called constantly
5.30 am new years day 3.15 the other night etc etc etc.
We have called airbab all christmas new year and NOBODY is getting back to us.

Nobody.

We are taking airbab to court. They make $ out of hosts and have a duty of care.

So to that poor lady with the food we say – if they dont care about threats-- good luck with your food.

They got too big- too fast and by gee why should the hosts feel they HAVE to explain their actions in their own home.

Hosts good a good job but its their house. Airbab have NO RESPECT for hosts its all about guests 100%

Your post Dave sounds like the ‘big, evil profitable company’ versus the humble taken-advantage-of individual. Society is full of lunatics, long before AirBnB came into the scene, it is not their responsibility to make sure all guests are somewhat ~sane~, because for one they don’t have a means to do so (they are not the FBI) and after all they are making a ~booking fee~ of a whopping 3% and for that they are responsible for all social outcomes?

Mearns

Police checks are required at other host companies just to let you know. These were crimals and yeah the guy was also a phyco for sure. Once airbab are contacted by the hosts and informed of the seruios problem - they had a duty of care- not only to the hosts but to others.
Now here this- instead of banning them- they moved them to another victim - another unknowing innocent hosts private home to possibly destroy their Christmas as well.
Because these idiots kept calling our house at 2am 5am 1am etc with threats- we asked airbab for their where abouts for police. The police said there was nothing they could do unless they had their location address-.

They said they were too busy to start writing letters to airbab - but asked us to call airbab and tell them to contact them by phone . They put them into the house-- yet they gave them a refund + helped them escape police by not cooperating. They made no offer to even pay for the carpets and mattress
It still didnt get all the stains out, so we had to replace the carpets as well as what was a three month old matress1
All i can say is perhaps when you cop guests like that ill just say merry Christmas.

The first thing I am dying to know, who is ‘airbab’?

3 Likes

For me, it’s “why are you here when you clearly hate AirBnB and want nothing to do with them?”.

Oh and by the way, free legal advice for you dave: It is a really silly idea to make any comment AT ALL in relation to something that is currently a legal situation. If AirBnB has half a brain at all it will copy down all your nasty comments and use them against you in court. You don’t want this. Do yourself a favour, you are clearly bored and angry with too much spare time on your hands, go and find another website to use up your spare time where it won’t make you more bitter and won’t put your court case in danger. You will be glad of it.

2 Likes

The male guest could simply be autistic.

Answering both questions at once.- I am of the opinion after that people need to be made aware of what can go wrong!
Especially when its a female or even two females. I dont need your legal advise or veiled threats. People need to be made aware of the danger taking in strangers-- its as simply as that . Because if there is a problem they will find themselves very much without protection or support .
That is why eliel . These girls were terrorized and it went on for not days but many weeks even after these idiots left. Do not tell me where i may post or not post. Try minding your own business
Oh and just btw most of my family are either lawyers or QC s

Look in the mirror .

I have noticed each time i post you come in like a troll to say something either nasty or what i assume you think clever. Do not follow me around and in future

Yes stand up for yourself. People are too scared of not doing that. T

My goodness, you are one piece of work aren’t you? ‘Congratulations’, you are now officially on my ignore list.

2 Likes

Air is not for everyone. No one is forcing anyone to use Air. If you don’t like it, or have a lot of bad experiences, or attract the wrong kinds of guests, deactivate your listing. It’s just not worth your peace of mind.

3 Likes

Thats good - clearly your just an unhappy person- with little more to do than go about being nasty to the chosen ones.
Your need to learn some people bite back!
Look forward to not hearing from you.

• and remember some people may have real concerns and been through awful experiences.
    My girls received death threats ! and instead of doing everything they could to help them and protect them! they just found these er, guests another place to go-- where they"" continued"" to make threatening calls from . It went on and one ruined their break costs a fortune in security G and they would not even discuss it!

Then you come along bagging me because i try to warn people these things happen and be careful because you get NO help!

If your a single lady especially id warn you too.

It happens! Yet you have made nothing but nasty comments when all i am doing is trying to do the RIGHT thing and warn people - There is NO help.

Its the guests not the hosts they look after. Hope it doesn’t happen to you and i mean that.
one of my girls is still under treatment - was a happy thing before
goodbye my dear

Sure , i am warning people these things can happen- and do. There are many ladies doing this- pls be careful.
In fact if single ladies worked together-- you know kept in contact letting others know hi jxx i have a male guest coming from the @ date until the @ date and vise versa.
That way you can look out for one another, because nobody else is going to help i assure you.

Speaking from personal experience, any time I’ve submitted a documented damage refund request to Airbnb, they have decided in my favor. That said, I don’t make refund requests lightly or frequently, never for small things like a broken glass, but if a guest damages my furniture or bedding, or removes something from the property, I document it as best I can and file a damage deposit claim or a resolution center request. I’ve had a couple of guests deny and fight it, but Airbnb has decided in my favor. So I suspect that some of the folks who say Airbnb mediators don’t favor hosts may either make frivolous claims, or poorly document and explain them, or something. Just be straightforward and professional, make sure it’s clear that you’re not making a claim out of spite, and document the situation. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Agree with Kona. Let this go. There is no way you could claim any damage for this. The most I would do (if anything) would be to write a very short and straight forward review stating that x and y were not a good fit for my space. I wish the, well on their future travels