Property Manager Problems in Mexico

That is true- I would also leave a place better than I found it. And I have had a few past guests I would also trust to housesit or rent long term. The thing is, you have to know the person pretty well to be able to trust them like that. The housesitters from hell I had many years ago were friends of my daughter’s, who connected us.

She told me they housesat for lots of people where she lives, and everyone loved them. Either the people they housesat for had automatic houses where not much needed to be done, or the homeowners weren’t very fussy, because those girls caused a couple hundred dollars worth of damages at my place, neglected most of what I had asked them to do, and ate up lots of my stored food which they never replaced.

The worst part was that they put my dog in the back of someone’s pickup truck, and drove with this person to their place to hang out, and only realized the dog was no longer there when they arrived.

My dog had never ridden in the back of a truck before, and jumped out somewhere along the way. A friend discovered her, a few days later, sitting outside a house in a different neighborhood she was not familiar with, but I had been to that house with the dog a year previous to deliver an upholstery project. She didn’t know her way home from that neighborhood, so went to a place she remembered there.

I never knew that my dog had been missing until I got back and friends said, “So sorry about your dog”. When I was confused, they said those girls had posted a lost dog notice on the local facebook group, and everyone in town who knew me was looking for her. But those girls never had the decency to get back online to say my dog had been found.

That whole story is an effin nightmare. Yeah, I guess that’s why the .001% of us who would be good tenants just bought homes.

2 Likes