Property Inspection App - Testers wanted! Only 3 spaces left!

Hi everyone,

I’m a software developer and have recently launched an app called Inspctr. It’s a paperless inspection tool, built for the logistics industry, which lets you perform digital walk-around inspections on your smartphone/tablet, replacing the traditional paper-based system.

The user conducts a standardised inspection with the added benefit of the app letting you take a series of photographs on your phone to document the condition of the vehicle throughout. Once you have completed and submitted your inspection it uploads it to the cloud and automatically generates a digital report containing the inspection data and more importantly the date and time-stamped photographs so you have irrefutable evidence if defects are found or disputes arise.

The system has been built for the logistics industry but this got me thinking that the app might be useful for AirBnB hosts to carry-out inspections before guests arrive and after they have checked-out to help identify defects as well as maintain your reputation, keep to a high standard and maintain safety.

What do you guys think? Is this something you’d use as a host? Any feedback would be massively appreciated so I don’t build something nobody wants! :slight_smile:

Many thanks,

Peter

1 Like

I would think this would be very helpful for hosts with a cleaning service, and as a way to have time-stamped before check-in/after check-out verification for guest issues. Also, if you had a way to link accounts so that those with cleaning services can have it update with their people and so that off-site hosts have the same immediate updates regarding issues that their cleaning people share with them for aiding in resolution.

1 Like

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to reply. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Great idea with regards to the cleaners using the app. I think proving the property’s condition before and after could be really helpful to the host in settling disputes quickly.

Thanks,

Peter

I think for hosts who don’t live in the same space it would be good to monitor cleaning standards and have a record of what your apt/house looked like before guests. It would be important that the date and time could not be amended or changed.

1 Like

Thanks cassid. I agree, keeping the date and time of the photos and making sure they cannot be edited would be an imperative feature of the app to ensure the integrity the data collected.

Thanks again.

Are there any other features a host might find useful?

Peter

Maybe a way for the incoming guest to acknowledge that, indeed, that is the condition in which they found the dwelling upon arrival, so as not to have a dispute later, and a way for the guest to add photos of any defects or damage they found upon arrival and a way for the host to sign off on that inclusion.

And – please help find a travel insurance partner for Airbnb!!! They need one for damages and for last minute cancellations, both by guests and hosts.

1 Like

Rather than aiming this app at hosts, I think you should aim to sell a BtoB solution for cleaning/management companies to incorporate this into their workflow / reporting, both internal and client-facing.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, much appreciated. If anyone else has any thoughts I’d love to hear them!

Peter

I was up late into the night creating a page on our website for this idea. If anyone would like to take a look for more information please feel free to visit my site. You can also you can register your interest and you’ll receive first-look at the product once it goes live. Here’s the link:

https://inspctr.com/property-rentals/airbnb.html

If anyone else has any questions, thoughts or ideas please don’t hesitate to ask. I want to build something which hosts will find truly useful.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter, this sounds a great idea, I’ve been on your website and left my details. Please get in touch when this product is launched, it’s something I’ll happily pay for! Sounds amazing. Go check it out people :slight_smile:

Dave

1 Like

Wow thanks Dave, really appreciate you doing that. The app idea has definitely had some positive feedback from various sources which is great news. I’ll email you personally. It would be great to work with a few hosts to get the product ready for market. I’ll happily offer this free to all those who register their interest on my website.

For anyone else wishing to register their interest please click here - https://inspctr.com/property-rentals/airbnb.html

Thanks again,

Peter

There are only 3 more spaces left for beta testers of our property inspection app. If you’d like the app for free forever register your interest here:

https://inspctr.com/property-rentals/airbnb.html

Thanks,

Peter

Am I one of them? I did register …

Hi sandy2, we’re almost ready to launch the app so we’ll be in touch via email asap. Thanks again.

Peter

1 Like