Problem solved. please delete the thead thanks

Call me a cynic but I find this whole story unbelievable.
Obviously if it was true any normal person would immediately call Airbnb and the police. It’s clearly criminal child neglect.
Me thinks Kiki is “taking the piss”

(before you bother googling that slang term here it is):
" Taking the piss is a Commonwealth term meaning to take liberties at the expense of others, or to be unreasonable. It is often used to mean (or confused with) taking the piss out of, which is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule, or scoff."

2 Likes

Yep! And if it is true then there are crazy hosts as well as guests!:wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I think we are being punked. Why, I don’t know - but you can’t begin to explain people’s motives sometimes, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

that number doesn’t work…if i call to the usa it will be very expensive

There’s a toll free number to the USA at the top and reallllyyyy? Expensive?
Don’t think you have your priorities in order

If they keep damaging your property, that will be expensive, too. 3 people when they paid for 2 is also costing you money.

There is also an ONLINE form on https://www.airbnb.de to send a message to Airbnb and if you say it is an emergency you will probably be given the correct number to call. Seriously, stop fucking around in this forum and get a hold of Airbnb. Google it, for godsake.

Unless this is a joke and in that case shame on you.

3 Likes

I am beginning to have the same thought. Why on earth would anyone allow someone to abandon their child with them? And then ask us what to do, and not call airbnb?

1 Like

Yeah - with a child involved I would also call the local social services or child welfare protection agency. I’m sure there is one.

1 Like

My understanding is that the father did eventually come back. The child is not currently alone.
@KIKI How long did they leave the girl with you?

I tend to believe her. I just think she is a little disorganized and doesn’t have a clear plan for solving the problem. She’s worrying about the wrong things and getting frazzled.

@KIKI

Here are the way your priorities should be:

1. Call Air
  2. Don’t ever let the dad leave his daughter with you again.
  3. Document any damages with photos
  4. Do an amended booking to charges for 3rd person
  5. worry about reviews and phone bills
1 Like

Not using VOIP, at least. Skype for example. Though having to suggest Skype to anyone sticks in my craw. Last I checked, 800 US numbers are free to call on Skype.

And I think people are being a mite uncharitable. Yes, it could be a jape. Someone did something similar on one of the Stack Exchange sites a while back, and people were quite annoyed about it. But let’s give this guy the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

1 Like

Yes, or call Air and ask them to call you back. Explain it’s emergent and if they don’t help you, you will take it to social media.

Really think about this, why come here before going to Airbnb first in an urgent (her word) situation, all we could possibly tell her is to call Airbnb!
So my take, a hoax or a host who should not be a host. IMHO

2 Likes

the right number is 030 30 80 83 80…a german told me but thank you all the same

The review and getting paid should be the LEAST of your worries now!! They might even leave the child for good with you. Abandoment. I would die before I leave my child for 10 minutes with a stranger. Especially a girl! This is too serious!!! Out of everything you have described, the child staying with you when the parents are abroad is unacceptable, they have no regard for this child whatsoever!!! You better call Airbnb and the POLICE!

1 Like

the number is wrong, the right number is 030 30 80 83 80 please update it in this forum so that more people in german can use it. Airbnb in germany said that they record my cased now and will make a judgement…lbut thank u all in the forum

@Vera

Apparently she’s had trouble before and now it’s also too expensive to call the police!
Still scratching my head.

Full quote of earlier post

Oh man. Unbelievable. If the child story is true I would do whatever I could to solve it ASAP regardless the cost. Poor child.

Let’s see how Kiki will solve it.

Wonder if Kiki will let us know, just sayin

1 Like