Prior guest wanting to "visit" having been declined

And one person makes a poll!! :laughing::laughing:. And who could that be?

1 Like

:raising_hand_man:

4 Likes

Awww…he has his arm up. Is that the cuu-test or what!

1 Like

I wasn’t being sarcastic at all. I was being serious and honest. As I see it, we were offering advice and the original poster was replying rather… negatively? And I was trying to clarify what she planned to do and what she wanted, so that we could be more helpful.

If you want to interpret that as sarcasm, go for it, but i don’t see it. Nor do I see this reply as sarcastic. Do I have to put a disclaimer on all my posts here? :slight_smile:

Oh, and I’m a new poster, but I’ve been watching the forum a long time. I’m just a rather straightforward communicator. It does seem that people here tend to take non-personal comments as personal and judgmental a bit more frequently here than in some other forums I’ve seen, but I don’t take THAT personally, so… I’m just gonna post the way I talk and write what I mean, and y’all can decide how to interpret it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But you can’t do things like name call. Please have a look at our very reasonable forum guidelines before you just blurt whatever comes to mind. :grimacing::grinning:

1 Like

When did I name call? I absolutely can’t find anything close to name calling anywhere in my responses.

Hi Clemkadiddlehopper,

i support you. I’m not really sure how all of this happened. I myself was not being sarcastic or negative.

I am thinking (out loud) that a lot of good things come from this Forum. However things can and do get misinterpreted.

As they say, it’s the medium, not the message.

Cheers!

1 Like

posted in error…

Helsi was calling Mandi’s response to you sarcastic.

So you are fitting right in. You took a comment personally that wasn’t directed to you.

I think if you read the entire thread again you’ll see what I mean.

1 Like

No I am not saying you did. I’m just saying you can’t blurt out anything that comes to your mind like you claim to want to do.

Geez Louise. No, i didn’t take anything personally. It did seem like my response was taken personally. I think I said all that. :slight_smile:

Nor did I ever say that I wanted to “blurt out whatever came to mind” or “namecall.” I just said I’m a straightforward communicator and I write the way I talk.

Honestly, your response seems kind of heavy-branded and out of left field. But maybe you don’t intend it that way? I’m not sure what I did to piss you off and make you come to these conclusions, but I definitely didn’t intend it.

1 Like

You were the one who said it. I’m simply responding.

This is subject to interpretation.

To all;-

I think most of us have probably had enough of this descent into playground politics. I, for one, left school far to long ago to wish for any reminder.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean Joan?
The forum has to have some guidelines for behavior, otherwise it devolves quickly.

I agree with the premise of having some guidelines completely. To me, this feels like it has “devolved” at speed! It leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth, well, mine anyway. When I said “To all” I had no wish to single any individual(s) out.

1 Like