Preventing double bookings with Hospitable.com

I have my vrbo and airbnb calendars sync’d but have had a couple of double bookings in the past. Has anyone used hospitable’s availability sync feature and seen bookings blocked off better/faster than just using sync’d calendars?

API connections are faster, but still not instant. I have no experience with Hospitable I use Owner Res and am very happy overall.

RR

Generally speaking, they are practically instant when using a channel manager.

If you’re using a CM with API connections, the OTA has to ask the CM if a booking can be made. Once the CM agrees to the booking, it blocks the dates on its calendar, which is essentially the master calendar for all OTAs.

Ironically, the recent code changes to the Airbnb API has made it one of the most efficient connections!

JF

Good to know, when I first started with OR I think I saw a short lag but I have never had a double booking since I went with them so its working. Before that I had one double on VRBO minutes after a guest booked on AirBnb. I was on the phone within minutes to the guest and she cancelled. I think it happened another time but not sure, my brain has let those details fall off it seems.

RR

RR

No comment. …

:zipper_mouth_face:

JF

1 Like

Good :slight_smile:

RR

2 Likes