POLL: If Airbnb goes to a no photo system

Same here, photos have been fairly accurate. I want a photo of the guest staying inside my house. I’m not a hotel with hotel security and DL checks, etc. A photo is part of this community thing, right?

1 Like

My county requires I collect a copy of the guest ID and keep it for 3 years. I put in the listing, other things you should know Riverside county requires I get a copy of ID at check in as well as 10% TOT tax. Then when the house is ready I send a text, The house is ready all I need is your ID and you can check in. Please snap a picture of it and send it me, also the tax is X, you can either leave me the cash or I can send a request through Airbnb. I do all of this on the Air system and I just screenshot the ID pic and upload to dropbox. Everyone sends pic, most leave cash for tax and everyone I have asked through res center has paid it. They agreed when they booked.

RR

It’s probably completely meaningless, but I do feel safer having a picture of the person who is coming.
I’ve never had a picture that was off putting however. I think it’s just one of those silly human things that we just need reassurance. But with a photo, we don’t really know anything about the person. If someone is dodgy, they’ll hardly be wielding an axe in the photo anyway!