Police called on Airbnb guests

Welcome to Trumps America.

RR

2 Likes

Mine do…often (or rather landlady).

1 Like

Actually it is 100% the fault of the host.
You as a host are responsible for your guests, and if you do not tell your neighbors that you are hosting and one of them calls the police because they think there is a robbery or a burglary, you are a host are to blame.

Wrong!

As a burglar you do not drag bags around the neighborhood looking for a target. Once you are in a house, you will find bags or suitcases to put the stuff in.

So seeing strangers coming out of a house with suitcases is a very valid reasons to think there is a robbery/burglary going on.

The neighbor is not to blame at all.

1 Like

I hope the nosey neighbor is charged with abuse of the 911 system.

2 Likes

Yes! I heard that suggested today on the radio. It costs a lot of money to respond to these calls and she should be charged. (of course responding to a call like that with 7 squad cars and a helicopter is a bit over the top)

1 Like

https://airhostsforum.com/t/airbnb-home-ransacked/22564

Amusing that this thread is running at the same time.

People don’t understand the difference between data and anecdotes.

The research is clear: police response to black and brown suspects is consistently disproportionately biased against people of color. It was just as bad before Trump was elected it’s just that the tone set at the top has changed.

3 Likes

Its worse now, the racist don’t seem to seea need to hold back now.

RR

3 Likes

It most definetly would NOT have happened if the guests were not black. Even if the neighbor had called the police, they police would not have overreacted in the way that they did.

While I am deeply sorry that this happened, I am glad that social media can make this information widespread. This happens ALOT. Part of the reason I had so much publicity is one of the guests was Bob Marley’s granddaughter and all of them were filmmakers. Without the video footage, people might not believe that something so crazy had really happened.

2 Likes

Interesting that ALL of the time that I had read about an Airbnb rental destroyed by the guests, it never was by a person of color. 99% of the time it is a white male involved.

I have read a few horror stories but not sure any have mentioned gender or race, but I may not have been focussing on such issues.

Seriously! Racism in this country fed by the media, multiplied under Obama. Smh. Wtf.

Got any stats to back up that statement @Rondena ?

Racism in this country is fed by racism and ignorance. Trump was endorsed by the KKK

Now ask yourself is that because it does not happen, or because the media does not report it?
I guess there are just as many problems with people of color, but MSN just avoid these stories for obvious reasons.

1 Like

The media don’t mention what colour someone is the copy; whether black or white, but where pictured the only ones I have seen are white males too.

Not sure why you are focussing on MSN - , lots of media around the world report these stories.

Proportionally there are not going to be just as many problems with BAME people because much fewer of them proportionally use Airbnb.

Here’s some facts for you all;

• The United States makes up about 5% of the world’s population and has 21% of the world’s prisoners.
  • African Americans are incarcerated at more than 5 times the rate of whites.
  • 1 in every 15 African American men and 1 in every 36 Hispanic men are incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men
  • One in three black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime.
  • Blacks and Hispanics were three times more likely to be searched during a traffic stop than white motorists. African Americans were twice as likely to be arrested and almost four times as likely to experience the use of force during encounters with the police.

So I guess we can figure out what would have happened if these Airbnb guests were white. Nothing!

2 Likes

The willfully ignorant are impervious to facts. And this isn’t new. Learning about corruption, racism and classism in the criminal justice system in the 1970’s is why I never used my degree in Criminal Justice in the field of CJ.

2 Likes

Ah and you need to add in the fact about the high levels of prisoners in the US justice system who have Foetal Alcohol Syndrome and low literacy levels.

Criminal Justice. Sounds like an oxymoron (like military intelligence).

1 Like