Please help me review my new underperforming listings

I think you have some great advice here, especially from @Clyde. It’s horrible short-term, but you’ve got to get the guests in. Lower your rates, shorten your available stay time, pull them in with something to distinguish your listing in your first photo. Also, when you get inquiries on existing listings, ask the guest to consider your new listing at a lower price and have them book there.

1 Like

So I learned from this thread that $60 a night for an apartment in Prague is on the high side. I need to book a Prague vacay! All things being equal I have no problem staying in a newly remodeled place rather than an older more charming place because older places might have mold or maintenance issues. There is plenty of old charm in Prague I don’t need to sleep in it. That bed wedged into the narrow room doesn’t look like a king to me. As for crawling out the end I can still do it and I’m 58. I also prefer a bed that’s lower to the ground than one that’s too high. Yes it’s a little harder to stand when getting up but it’s easier to get into going to bed.

I wanted to thank you very much all for the valuable feedback that I have got here. This is a truly exceptional community here. I have changed one of the listings according to some of the feedback that I have received here and I hope I’ll see some positive impact. I hope that the bed won’t be a huge problem for the guests as that could be very hard to resolve for me. I am suspecting that the local Airbnb market has been flooded with new hosts over the summer as Airbnb has been running pretty aggressive marketing campaigns lately in Prague. I hope that this is not a permanent change because some of the hosts seem to offer ridiculously low rates suggested by the automated pricing to enter the market. If this would continue I would have to look for alternatives besides Airbnb.

2 Likes

Your places are beautiful. The only thing I see is that your prices aren’t listed. If I search Prague, I am presented with many tempting places, all of which have the price up front…millinials have no patience to bother to fill in the dates when 50 other listings give them the price.

As for lack of reviews, start your listing by saying this is your newest apartment among the 4 you own.

Send a link to your old guests telling thm about the new places…they may send friends.

And yes do put up some neighborhood phots including one of the castle if that is the draw.

Best luck.

Thanks for the suggestions. Regarding the prices bit: what do you exactly mean? I know that Airbnb used to show prices next to all listings but that might not be true anymore. Do you mean that the price gets displayed only if you have a strictly flat rate?