Plates Bowls and Utensils

LOL, I only provide paper plates and utensils for my Kitchette because there is no kitchen. Given that we all know guests don’t read, in my welcome letter before they arrive, I have this little message. I also do this about the public transportation. These are the two areas that I very clearly spell out in my listing that I’m constantly dinged on.

1. We provide filtered water, coffee, tea and snacks. The kitchenette includes a toaster oven, microwave, coffee maker, elec. tea kettle, and mini-refrigerator. Per listing there is no kitchen sink so we provide paper plates, and plastic cups and utensils. Wine glasses and coffee mugs are available upon request prior to check in.

You can modify this to something like:

1. Per listing there are no kitchen facilities. We do however provide a microwave and mini refrigerator. (Or whatever you provide.).

If you do provide limited cooking, I would provide paper plats.

This is exactly what I do and it works well for me also.

1 Like

People are funny…I provide an equipped kitchen with flatware & plates, etc. I never have provided paper plates. In both condos, I’ve found the huge costco size paper plates and supplies of plastic-ware left by guests.

A private message I received was: “We ran out of paper plates. You need to make sure there are plenty for your guests. We had to wash dishes during our stay.”

My response was, “How nice that a prior guest left some paper plates for you. I hope the dishwasher worked well.”

7 Likes

I have a similar set up and live on site. I’ve had a tiny percent ask to borrow a bowl, etc. But I don’t offer it and specifically state that it’s not offered. If people can’t read it’s their issue but who wants a bad review because they were too stubborn to offer a fork or bowl.

I do say in the review things like “didn’t read the listing,” or “asked for amenities that are clearly stated as no on offer” to benefit future hosts.

Wouldn’t you love to reply “every guest I’ve had has been happy with what is clearly stated in the listing?”

1 Like

@NE10 Tell her that you better take out her mattress and put in an air bed for her instead, too, then!!!

2 Likes

Yes! Very good point. No one ever complains that they don’t have an air mattress ‘because it’s in the name’ do they? :slight_smile:

I’m just waiting for the day when a host reports that they expected the host to pay for their airfares ‘because it’s in the name’. :rofl:

4 Likes

In my area, all carbonated soft drinks are called “coke” most of the time. So grape Nehi is grape Coke, and orange Fanta is orange Coke, etc. :smile:

1 Like

Two days ago I received a reservation inquiry With a guest message stating they had questions before booking. She noticed my $125/night rental had a 3 night minimum and wanted to know why when she tried to book it for 5 nights the rental was $625 instead of $250 (2 nights) because the first 3 nights were required. :roll_eyes:

Bless her heart…

3 Likes