Plastic water bottles or water filter pitcher?

I fixed “of” to “or” in your subject. :blush:

2 Likes

They are now finding plastic particles in human bodies.

Take as in use the bottles? Sometimes daily – it depends on what they’re up to while they’re here – kayaking with manatee, Spring Training baseball games, seasonal festivals and art events, laying around on the beaches, etc… We’ve never had guests who “took” a bottle when they left.

Definitely a jug of water in the fridge. Pouring it out into glasses always reminds me of my childhood.
I hate it when guests leave their single use plastic water bottles. It is such a waste.
Thanks for reminding me - I’ll add that into my house info that the water in my city is perfectly good to drink from the tap.

1 Like

I want to deeply thank everyone to contribute to this topic. It definitely strengthened my belief that pitcher with filter would be by far a better option. Thank you, guys, for being such a great community!

7 Likes

I fill 48 oz glass bottles with filtered water and leave them in the fridge. Glasses are in the cupboard.

(The 48 oz GT’s Enlightened Kombucha bottles are great for reusing, since they fit in my fridge door.)

1 Like

I’ve grabbed several glass bottles out of the trash, and scraped off the labels and reuse the bottles. My favorites are the kombucha bottles with a peace sign cast in the glass bottom. We don’t have glass recycling in my town yet (!!!).

1 Like

Kevita has the heart. It makes me smile.

I have something similar - an empty rosé wine bottle with a glass and silicone (?) stopper, which I use at home in our guest bedroom for water. It has a little impressed floral design on the neck that I think is very pretty.

I have one with a little heart. One peace sign. One with a dove and the words “Drink well. Do better.” All of these appeared of course after I bought bottles that I don’t even like as well.

2 Likes

I started with water bottles. When a guest went through about a dozen in 24 hours, I got a large Brita unit and had them refill from it. That system has worked very well.

1 Like

Once I told a couple to feel free to fill any water bottles they had from my filtered water supply. They said thanks and brought in an ice chest filled with those cheap empty plastic water bottles. It must have been at least a case (24) of them. My initial reaction was, WTF? Then I realized they are toting these around, trying to be responsible and by refilling them we’ve kept at least one round of 24 out of the landfill. And that it only cost me about 75 cents to do so.

2 Likes

Yeah! Until lately vla neighbor started saying ewwww to reusing water bottles (eye roll)

They are but even better is use provide refillable bottles and filter jugs.

Malaga tap water is not very nice (though we drink it!) so I leave a Brita jug in the fridge. Hardly any of our supposedly eco-conscious Millennial guests ever touch it and insist on hauling packs of plastic litre bottles back from the supermarket.

I guess they’re not friends of Greta …

4 Likes

We are on well water that is from a deep 600+ feet well in granite. The water tastes great, so I’ve never found the need to filter it. I do have a Brita in the pantry but I don’t think it’s ever been used. However, I like chilled water so I have a recycled Hangar One vodka bottle I use to keep chilled water in the fridge. I bought the vodka specifically for this purpose. It is a cool shape with the volume markings on the side like a science beaker and had a black stopper. I do get asked about the bottle occasionally lol.

2 Likes

This is a great idea for water bottles. I’m reusing glass ones I had with other drinks but I’ll be looking at alcohol bottles with new eyes now. :wink:

1 Like