Pier 1 sale please help me choose!

Hi I need art above my guest bed. I’m looking to get something gender neutral and travel theme. Just wondering what the majority like before I go shopping tomorrow :grin:

I also found a really cute stainless clock!

Thank you!

I would choose a photo or artwork of a local attraction or landscape @Betty_A

4 Likes

The one without the ‘inspirational’ message on it, if you must, @Betty_A.
But I’m with @Helsi here. Support a local artist if you can. Don’t be a hotel! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You can always depend on the folks in this forum to not answer your question and tell you what else you should be doing instead.

That said, I do like to support local artists and mostly have prints from local artists in my Airbnb room But not exclusively, I also have the inspirational slogan piece I got at Marshall’s. If you just want to buy something and hang it on the wall because you are busy and don’t have a lot of time I like the second one for the splash of color.

Given that you are a flight attendant and (I assume) travel all over you have a unique opportunity to create a memorable travel themed room from things collected on your travels. Maybe a collage of airport logo items. Obviously that’s a lot more work and creativity needed on your part but then you’ll have something that literally no one else has.

7 Likes

The second map has more color and will match various accessory changes over time. I would go with that one

3 Likes

If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the second one. IMHO the first one would add to the monotone look of the room, which again IMHO needs a major splash of color… just my tuppence.

4 Likes

:rofl:

We have a way of calling this out in Writer’s Rooms. Same thing. You present a sketch, everyone reads it and then the suggestions turn it into a completely different sketch instead of addressing the one you wrote. We say, “Oh, so this would be bettter if it was set in Space?”

So, like, @Betty_A, I like the second one best!
But maybe it would be better if you put robots and some solar system posters in there instead :wink:

4 Likes

@Betty I hate to do this to you but…There must be a window in that room? If Pier 1 has a mirror on sale that you like, maybe get a nice mirror to put across from the window - it will effectively “double” your windows.

3 Likes

Thank you all!

No, I don’t have a lot of time off at home so you nailed it… I need an assistant!

Yes I do have some travel things to hang from all over the World but nothing large enough to be suitable over the bed. But I thought the map would tie it all in.

And yes I’m getting a mirror also for the “dressing area” next to the window!

Also doing a collage of those giant clocks in my sitting area where I have my desk. :grin: I just love those… timeless LOL

One thing i have learned in here… If you don’t want to know don’t ask!

THANK YOU

3 Likes

Put a mirror across (on the opposite wall) from the window - so that the window is reflected in the mirror. It gives you a second “window”.

And some spaceships and stuff. lol.

1 Like

I get that but I don’t have a place for a mirror there it would be odd to walk in and have a mirror there… Spaceships maybe lol

2 Likes

Okay! Just put some extra spaceships, maybe some of that freeze-dried ice cream and an Alien poster. You should be fine.

2 Likes

LMAO I’ll go to Cape Canaveral and buy some local art.

Plus I live in Florida it’s always hot so nobody leaves the blinds open during the day :rofl: Even with impact windows and AC it gets hot fast.

1 Like

Since you have taupe walls, I would go with the first one that has the darker background so you have contrast.

2 Likes

Thank you… my walls are grey though

1 Like

@Betty_A

To answer your original question…I like the one with more color.

I can appreciate the desire to support local artists. I am and have been on a shoestring budget so my art is attractive & cheap. Local art is rarely cheap.

Bed bath& beyond features area-themed art & you can use your 20% coupon. BB&B has many Florida themed pieces and some regional/city Florida area pieces.

1 Like

The other place you might look for Florida themed art is Home Goods. I’m always surprised at how much they have. One of my rentals has adorable Florida coasters from there.

Unless your art is very light, make sure it is anchored to the wall. Even though I’m no longer in Earthquake country, I know walls near headboards sometimes get banged around.

1 Like

LMAO The wall behind the bedrooms… both of them actually is solid concrete
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s why I have to plan what I hang, I have to actually drill holes in the concrete.

I prefer the first one.

I’m going for the first one as well. More impact and goes with the theme - don’t be afraid of neutrals!. Only thing to be careful of is if the grey wall and grey picture are too close colourwise. It looks as if the picture is darker, which would be best.

Nice room, by the way!

2 Likes