Photos of the front of the house - bad idea?

I choose not to post the front of my house. I don’t think it is a good idea for me to have other people in my city seeing my home on AirBNB. I have discovered that after people have booked, they google the address and look at the pictures so that they know what to look for upon arrival. That works well for me.

Plus, this darn house needs a new front porch. Something that the AirBNB just might help me pay for!

2 Likes

Found it! Norway! Absolutely lovely!

The front of my house is not visible from the street - so I include pictures of the front. The back of my house is visible from a distance - so I do not include the back. As a guest - I think it is nice to see some part of the exterior of the structure even if it is the back or side of the house.

Thank you for your kind words :grin:. One of my grand-uncles has been doing research on the house and the farm for many years, the latest info is that the oldest part of the house is from the 1600’s, a part was attached in the 1870ties.

1 Like

Lovely! Remarkably similar on the exterior to Nova Scotia’s early houses (1750-1840)

Interesting. Now I must google!

Edit: Now you’ve done it, another place on my bucket list!

Wish that was true :frowning: about the photo of your building helping people. I have a photo of my building. In the my joining instructions, I remind guests that they can see the main entrance in the photo along with other instructions and reminding them of the full address.

A good 70 per cent of my guests go to an entrance further down the road and then call me because they can’t find the right entrance.

I know this is old now, but I don’t recommend photos that identify location. I have an Airbnb next door to my home and they included photos of the surrounding homes. It seems like a violation of privacy and Airbnb doesn’t help me!